1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Billionaires tend to think, "I am a fucking billionaire, thus I can have whatever I want."

Ivanka is and was, objectively, pretty hot. Trump thought, "Hot chick. Me want fuck. Me billionaire, thus I get it."

Now most actual civilized humans' thought processes in such situations go, "Hot chick. Me want fuck. HEY WAIT SHE'S MY DAUGHTER. Better not fuck. Also she's 13 years old so I REALLY better not fuck. Memo To Penis: I know you are engineered that when you see hot female, you say, 'Me Want Fuck,' but prison is a really really bad place to go, so STFU about it for a while."

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If the Republican party splits, he can't win.

Otherwise, a Republican nominee, like a Dem nominee starts off with about 47% of the vote.

Turnout, and to some degree, appeal to independents and cross over voters makes the difference.

Republican turnout is high in the primaries. Dem turnout is down.

Trump appeals to white, working class Dems.

Hillary does not excite young Dem voters, or minority voters like Obama did.

Ask President Kerry how that works out:

Some Democrats now worry that Mrs. Clinton will have difficulty matching the surge in new black, Hispanic and young voters who came to the polls for President Obama in 2008 and 2012.

“Barack Obama without that surge is John Kerry,” said Cornell Belcher, a Democratic pollster who worked on Mr. Obama’s re-election campaign, referring to the losing Democratic nominee in 2004. “Just turning out the traditional minority base is not a 51 percent pathway going into November.”

In three precincts of Virginia’s Third Congressional District, the heart of the state’s African-American community, where overwhelming black turnout in 2008 helped Mr. Obama win the state, turnout was down by an average of almost 30 percent on Tuesday night. The district includes most of Richmond and Petersburg, as well as Newport News and Norfolk.

In Nevada, exit polls suggested that Hispanic voters — who have helped push the once deeply Republican state toward Democrats in national elections — voted in significantly lower numbers than in 2008.

Even Mrs. Clinton’s strong victory in South Carolina, which was celebrated for her dominance among African-American voters, obscured a decline in black turnout of about 40 percent. In Iowa, where Mrs. Clinton eked out a narrow win after a hotly fought battle with Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, exit polls suggested that turnout for voters under the age of 30 dropped by roughly 40 percent from 2008.

3. YankeeFan

Trumps kids like him.

It's a shame that this thread needs to come with a trigger warning.

I know Starman is theater of the absurd, but there really should be some limits.

If he had any experience with the subject he is discussing, he wouldn't treat it as a joke, or even a political weapon.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Winning the presidency isn't what it used to be. Why couldn't Trump win it?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Alrighty then.

6. Mr. Sunshine

You've certainly put a lot of thought into this. I'll give ya that.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Are you saying it's physically impossible?

8. JackReacher

No. Anything can happen. Especially in politics.

9. YankeeFan

Not predicting a Trump win.

But, it's not out of the question either.

Hillary really is an unlikable candidate, and a poor campaigner, and a ethically flawed person.

She's incredibly divisive, and has high unfavorables -- just like Trump.

If Republicans do't split, it will be close.

10. Starman

Oh. We have to restrict discussion on this topic because it's crude, crass, classless and insensitive.

Oh.

So now, we're supposed to ... oh no ... bow to political correctness??

And no, in case you're wondering, no, I do not have any experience, direct or indirect, with the topic.

Other than to believe it should still carry huge societal stigma for the perps.

Incidentally, I'm not treating it as a joke. There's about one stupid-ass fucker in the world who has EVER treated it as a joke, and that's Donald J. Trump.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  11. JackReacher

Has anyone texted "Trump" to 88022? YF? Anyone?

12. Starman

Actually it took about five seconds of thought. It ain't exactly a deep or profound topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.