1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nothing could be more foolish than Romney imagining his words have any influence within his party. Maybe if he'd ponied up $10 million or so to help stop Trump back last fall. Or he could've run himself, but Romney thought Jeb had it all sewed up.

SFIND and Lugnuts like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Merging this with the other, which I'm sure will cause some (at least one) to freak out but we'll deal with that. As noted many pages ago on the Trump/golf thread, we're OK with trying to have a decent politics discussion as long as it doesn't get out of hand or spill to the rest of the board. So far so good and I hope that continues. But we don't want multiple threads because before we know it, they'll be all over the board. Thanks for understanding for those who do and sorry not sorry for those who don't.

Carry on, keep up the good work

And the running mate will be Tim Kaine. Clinton-Kaine to ease your pain. Hillary-Tim even if you've never really heard of him

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

OK, this is pretty funny ... Jimmy Kimmel Live man on the street interviews with people who claim to have voted on Super Tuesday in California, which doesn't have its primary until June:

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Serious question to our members on the right: I have yet to speak to any of my traditional Republican friends (and I have a number of them) who like the idea of Trump. Some say they won't vote at all. A few say they'll vote for Hillary. None say they will vote for Trump. I think one of the right-leaning members here I respect a lot (there are a couple of those, too) said he was planning to vote for Hillary.

What are your current thoughts? Trump just because he's the GOP nominee? Hillary because she isn't Trump? Or sit it out?

Also, is there a realistic way the GOP can keep Trump off the top of the ticket?

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I'm a Republican who will vote for Hillary if Drumpf is the nominee.

The way to stop Trump in my opinion is, after March 15, Preibus gathers Rubio, Cruz and Kasich and gets them to agree on how to run. Person with most delegates or most popular vote gets President, second place gets VP (my fingers are crossed it's Rubio at that time). Make Cruz/Rubio agree right then and there they'll run together. Promise Kasich a cabinet position, ambassadorship, or whatever he wants. Then all three can push their delegates to back the leader.

I think there's about zero chance of that happening, but it's a realistic way they could be beat Drumpf.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The numbers may technically add up, but I don't think there's any realistic chance they'll deny Trump the nomination without a full-fledged revolt. Maybe a few months ago, but not now.

There's a reason why a lot of Republicans are saying this is their worst nightmare. There is just about nothing good that can result from the current situation.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Because you don't have an argument you think that gives you dispensation to call me racist? Go fuck yourself.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well that escalated quickly.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"I use the media the way the media uses me - to attract attention. Once I have that attention, it's up to me to use it to my attention. I learned a long time ago that if you're not afraid to be outspoken, the media will write about you or beg you to come on their shows. If you do things a little differently, if you say outrageous things and fight back, they love you. So sometimes I make outrageous comments and give them what they want -- viewers and readers -- in order to make a point. I'm a businessman with a brand to sell. When was the last time you saw a sign hanging outside a pizzeria claiming 'The fourth best pizza in the world'"?!

-- Donald J. Trump, "Crippled America"

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Haven't been in a bar for a long time. That's life when you have to get up early for work every day. At least it is among responsible people. I guess it's different for liberals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.