1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That's some creative slinking there. Hopeful messaging? They want to give hope to white, dumb racists by trying to tell them they're gonna get rid of their competition for jobs.

SFIND likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's bullshit. I didn't say she was dumb, I said she didn't follow politics. Most people don't.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Wow, never heard any politician frame their message like that.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd say creating a system where people could get medical care regardless of their income is a bit more than pandering.

SnarkShark and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

I agree. I was posting from the perspective of the establishment, which finds itself in a no-win situation.

We all know that Ryan, McConnell and their ilk would like nothing better than to tell the conservative wing to fuck off.

The party elites treat conservatives -- especially those in the deep South -- with utter disdain.

My point was, while there undoubtedly would be short-term pain at the ballot box, this could be an opportunity for the establishment to cut them loose and take the party back toward center where they believe it should be.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Don't forget the 200-year plan to lift minorities out of poverty.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The tight balance between the Forklift/NASCAR wing and the suburban/affluent, church-going wing of the Republican party will probably get sorted out due to Trump. At least that's a positive.

Trump voters are like Walmart shoppers. No one admits to either but, clearly, there's plenty of both.

8. Mr. Sunshine

I'm sure whatever they come up with will continue to include bitching about free-spending liberals while kicking the can and pushing through bloated budgets every year.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

You'd think if the GOP had such great ideas they'd be happy to let minorities vote on them, yet creating roadblocks has been the strategy. Weird.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't know how the hell anyone doesn't consider Ryan and McConnell conservative. What is your definition of conservative? Seriously.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Just get an ID to vote. Shut your cell phone off for 30 minutes and get an ID. Not that difficult.

old_tony and SpeedTchr like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

Unless, for instance, the state shuts down the DMV offices in counties where the majority is black. But that's only one small example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.