1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If that's how you read that, you're even ... less ... of a scholar than I could have imagined.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I read your exact words.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did Mitt nominate himself?

Romney's advisers explore blocking Trump at RNC - CNNPolitics.com

Washington (CNN)Mitt Romney has instructed his closest advisers to explore the possibility of stopping Donald Trump at the Republican National Convention, a source close to Romney's inner circle says.

The 2012 GOP nominee's advisers are examining what a fight at the convention might look like and what rules might need revising.

"It sounds like the plan is to lock the convention," said the source.

I have no idea what "lock the convention" means, but I like the sound of it!

4. Baron Scicluna

The GOP field had 17 candidates running for office. Out of those, four were either black, Hispanic, or a female, meaning less than a quarter of their field was not a white male.

The Democratic field had 3 candidates, one of which is a female, meaning 33 percent of their field was not a white male.

Now, you would probably say that it's stupid to think of it that way, since there has only been three Democratic candidates and it's such a small number.

Which is why the point about how there are currently more GOP Hispanic candidates than Democratic ones is just as stupid. If 17 Democrats were to have run for their party's nomination, odds are pretty good they would have had a black and two Hispanics in addition to Hill. If not more, since their party has a greater percentage of Hispanic and black members than the GOP has.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Now I know what it's like to be a Browns fan.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You guys keep forgetting that he said "some, I assume, are good people." So, he's covered. Not racist.

7. Baron Scicluna

It's fun to correct you.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Trump on those lucky SOBs, the Kuwaitis during the Gulf War:

"When Kuwait was attacked by Saddam Hussein, all the wealthy Kuwaitis ran to Paris. They didn't just rent suites - they took up whole building, entire hotels. They lived like kings while their country was occupied.

"Who did they turn to for help? Who else? Uncle Sucker. That's us."

9. Baron Scicluna

So ...

Romney = Brian Hoyer?

Trump = Manziel?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hannity unloads on Rubio
    Report: Fox News 'finished with Rubio'

I don't think you can underestimate how critical it is for Fox, that Fox News gets it right on how to play Trump. They are looking at alienating a good chunk of their audience or alienating a good chunk of their on-air talent and "contributors/sources." Granted, there will always be people there who will read whatever is in the prompter, but my guess is they keep their options open, figure four or eight years of bashing Clintons wouldn't be so bad.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.