1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What you said was, I believe, that he has taken "blatantly racist" positions, not that he's a racist.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Let's hope it can be recovered! We need answers.

5. YankeeFan

Having grown up in New York, and then moving away 16 years ago, I would say that New Yorkers are much more concerned with, and aware of, race and ethnicity than anywhere else I've lived.

But, it's not in a racist way. I think in a big, diverse place, people are always looking to identify other members of their clan, who share a similar background.

It's less so now -- except for new immigrant communities -- but nearly every New York neighborhood had a racial/ethnic component to its makeup.

And, if there three professions who are most concerned with race and ethnicity, they might be marketers, developers, and politicians.

Every political campaign slices and dices the electorate. Voters are classified and targeted by race, ethnicity, religion, income, and various other factors.

Marketers and developers have to know their market, and know their potential customer base. Various brands, products, and developments are targeted towards different markets.

I think Trump's whole "the blacks", "the Hispanics" etc., is just a verbal tick kind of thing. He would also say "the Irish" or "the Italians" if he was asked about those groups.

I don't think Trump is color blind. As a New Yorker, and a marketer/developer, he's very aware of race. But, I don't think he judges people by race, or discriminates by race. Green is the color that matters to Trump, and he wants to sell to people of all races.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

She was a Goldwater Girl! Her dad was a Republican, and small business owner!

LOL. Sure, her life story is known. And, while it's not quite as self-authored, and repeated by the media as Obama's, it's not far off.

We know her because she's been in public life for a long time, the same way we know Trump.

The stuff about Trump at Wharton or at Prep School go to a time before he was in public life. The Globe spoke to 300 classmates!

Who in the media has spoken to 300 of Hillary's classmates?

We didn't learn the actual names (or races) of the important people in Obama's life until he had been in office for years.

Who are the important people in Hillary's life before she met Bill? Besides her parents, do we know who any of them are?

Who'd Hillary date before Bill? Who was her best friend in high school?

We've learned that Ted Cruz's college roommate didn't like him.

What does Hillary's college roommate think of her?

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't think for a second Trump is racist, but he most certainly is using hate to his advantage. It's not even in question.

8. YankeeFan

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hillary is a combination of Lady Macbeth and Nixon, both of which are unusual characters but within the he realm of the normal political world, both historically and in contemporary times.

Trump is Morton Downy, Jr portraying Hitler with the bullshit salesmanship of L. Ron Hubbard wrapped up with Lyndon LaRouche and Tammy Faye Bakker's make-up artist

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agree. I think he looks down on everyone equally.

BDC99 likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

How did Hillary dress in college, and who did she want to date that turned her down?

Trump was, however, around enough to take note, like most other men on campus, of one particular student: Candice Bergen, the homecoming queen who would soon trade campus life for Hollywood glamour, before later becoming famous as TV’s Murphy Brown.

“I had seen him around campus,” Bergen recalled in a 1992 address at Penn. “He was pretty hard to miss — he wore a two-piece burgundy suit with matching burgundy patent leather boots and, a particularly nice touch, a matching burgundy limousine.’’

The Donald asked Candice out. She turned him down.

“It’s true,” Trump said in an interview.

“She was so beautiful,” he said. “She was dating guys from Paris, France, who were 35 years old, the whole thing. I did make the move. And I must say she had the good sense to say, ‘Absolutely not.’ 

Donald Trump was brash, even at Wharton business school - The Boston Globe

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Downey and Trump were friends back in the day. I know Downey lived in Trump Tower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.