1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

3. Dick Whitman

And that's the end of the discussion in which we pretend that Hillary Clinton's biography has been ignored. I'm simply not engaging in that. It's a silly assertion that you are above.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just don't see any evidence of this.

Trump famously does not like to shake hands (he's a germaphobe), but he loves his fans.

But, my other way at looking at whether or not famous people are assholes is to see how long people can stand working for them.

Martha Stewart is famous for chewing up personal assistants. Rosie O'Donnell too.

Trump's personal assistant worked for him for 26 years.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We may not agree on much, but I think we can all agree that last night's debate was rough on the fact checkers.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Articles on H. Clinton's youth and working career began being published in 1992 and have continued sporadically ever since. She's not sneaking up on the American electorate and it's silly to say so.

8. Dick Whitman

So did Steve Jobs's.

9. YankeeFan

Dick, if you think that story digs into her past s critically as the pieces that looked into Romney's high school years, or Trump's high school or college years, I don't know what to tell you.

It's a puff piece. Everyone quoted liked her. But, hey, maybe she was a perfect child.

It's also from 2007. How many 18-24 year old voters know anything about her formative years?

Hell, young voters famously have no idea how old she is.

10. YankeeFan

Yes. Articles. Nice, glowing articles about how smart she is.

Read the Trump or Romney pieces, and show me one that's similar regarding Hillary. Show me the one where they talked to 300 former classmates.

It doesn't exist.

Every article is a narrative, that fits nicely into the story they set out to tell when the piece was assigned.

11. Dick Whitman

I'm not having this argument.

12. YankeeFan

Is this meant to show my test isn't valid since Jobs was known to be a bit of a prick, or to back up my assertion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.