1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No idea.

They've found high school classmates of Romney who thought he was a meany.

They've never found a classmate who had a bad word to say about Hillary.

So, either everyone, ever, liked her, or reporters couldn't find the people who didn't like her, or they weren't interested in finding the people who didn't like her.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Are we really going to argue that Donald Trump isn't racist, or at very least, doesn't say racist things?

He has talked nonstop about deporting 12 million Mexicans at once, and thinks they'll thank us for doing so, and be so happy to be gone that they'll pay for the wall meant to keep them out forever. And if they dare refuse to pay for it, he'll make them build an even bigger wall.

But beyond that, he simply hates anyone who questions him. He's the most vindictive candidate I've ever seen. "How is that policy going to work?", "Suck my fat dick, asshole!" is not presidential timber no matter how you cut it.

And, if you say it's all just an act, then his whole premise, that he "tells it like it is," is complete bullshit. He's a filthy liar just like every other politician.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit how long a guy's personal assistant worked for him. What the hell is that supposed to indicate? Maybe the assistant is an equally insufferable twit who looks at the world through the same lens. I get that you're totally in the bag for Trump, and have apparently read all of his books and have a real selective way of presenting his abominable takes on race and, well, humanity in general, but you're not in the least bit convincing, Goebbels.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are lots and lots and lots of people who are interested in finding people who didn't like her. They have written books and articles. Who have they found?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And NASCAR fans who liked Dick Trickle.

6. YankeeFan

7. Dick Whitman

That's not racist, on its face. It is, possibly, motivated by racism. But I don't know that it is. On its face, it is not racist.

I think it comes off really bad, too. I hate ad hominem attacks. But they work. And they particularly work for him. I don't know why he would do anything differently right now. He's running out the clock.

8. YankeeFan

So, we have a racist, who has a chance to be elected President, and you've personally witnessed how he treats people when the cameras are off, which if revealed, would demonstrate what a scumbag the guy is, yet you refuse to tell us what you witnessed.

Sure. I believe that.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't even know what this means.

His "policy" certainly doesn't speak to the high regard in which he holds Mexicans.

And, if you don't want to be considered racist, don't introduce "policies" motivated by racism. And don't screech incessantly using thinly veiled code words like "political correctness."

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, for christs sake. Trump has done everything but burn crosses onstage and people are trying to argue "he's not really racist."

He really will have to go into full live on-camera N-word spew before (some of) his fan club will admit it.

But the sheriff is near.

Supposedly Obama is gleefully looking forward to ripping the ever-living shit out of Trump all summer long. That'll last about two days before Trump will start off with, "somebody tell that boy to STFU." And after a few more days, he'll fire back with vigor, pull the trigger, move on to something bigger ...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  11. Dick Whitman

That's not what I'm arguing. I have no idea if he's racist or not. I said he hasn't said anything racist, and certainly hasn't said anything "blatantly racist."

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

CD not giving details because the IRS keeps auditing his tax returns.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.