1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why deporting those in the country suddenly becomes racist if those deported are brown skinned.

Norwood and Bedford Park in the Bronx were thriving Irish immigrant communities in the 1990's. The whole community was either deported, or self deported as immigration actions and the Irish economy picked up.

No one would call that racist because those deported were white. Why is it all of a sudden racist if Mexicans, Nicaraguans, or Salvadorans are deported?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Why on earth would I waste the energy of relating a tale that would probably make you like Trump even more?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Fun fact: During the USFL days, several times I interviewed Donald Trump poolside at a seen-better Days Inn in Orlando.

Definitely no cabana boys around. I bet he hated hanging out there, but it was his team's hotel during training camp.

It was fun. If you wanted to interview someone, you just talked them in their hotel room. Unless it was Herschel Walker. Then you might have two guys interviewing him on the sidewalk outside his hotel room.

Trump literally waved over anyone with a camera or tape recorder.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

Oh, man, if I told you about my personal interaction with Hillary Clinton, it would totally change everyone here's mind about her.

And, even though I strongly oppose her candidacy, I'm not going to give you any details of what I witnessed. You'll just have to take my word for it that she's a terrible person, and you should probably vote against her as a result.

5. YankeeFan

LOL.

Trust me! Why should a journalist share facts, when we can just trust them to tell us what to think?

6. CD Boogie

That's the thing, Einstein. Nobody's mind is getting changed on Trump. The people with five senses know he's a racist and has no shot in a general election. Myopic contrarians who love him are going to be known for the rest of their lives as that idiot who backed the racist.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Again: You said that he has made "blatantly racist statements."

OK.

What are they?

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

Well, now you've convinced me that you truly witnessed something awful.

9. Dick Whitman

I wonder if there's anyone in the news right now being criticized on this board by yourself and others for refusing to answer direct questions, and instead attacking the person asking the questions.

10. CD Boogie

He said Dick Whitman is a stupid honky who can be led to water but won't drink.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Not racist?

12. Dick Whitman

This is your "Little Marco" moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.