1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Mexico is, provably, a very dangerous country with an extremely high crime rate.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

OK. But you don't think it's racist that he thinks the majority of people illegally in this country from Mexico are in these categories? Remember, some, he assumes, are good people. He doesn't know they're good people, but I guess, maybe, they could be.

3. Dick Whitman

Why would it be racist to assume that the people here illegally are rapists, but the people who stayed behind in Mexico are law-abiding citizens? Wouldn't they all be rapists, if race were the indicator? For whatever reason, he believes that illegals are more likely to commit crimes than other Mexican nationals. I disagree with him - these are the people trying to escape those circumstances, not bring them here. But I don't think it's necessarily racist. Not on its face. And certainly not "blatantly racist."

4. Dick Whitman

I'm not arguing that Donald Trump is not a racist. Maybe he is. I don't know. But I don't think his statements themselves are "blatantly racist."

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You must be a hit at dinner parties.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree. "Some, I assume, are good people" inherently means most are bad people.

That, on it's face, is racist.

7. Dick Whitman

Never been to one. My friends and I drink beer, down some shots, and watch football.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So is Baltimore. When do we deport those people and build that wall?

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Never been to a party where they serve dinner? That's depressing.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Twelve million vs. what, a few thousand? Did New York build a wall to keep them out and try to make them pay for it?

Trump "proposes" deporting every single undocumented Mexican. Period. He makes no mention of any other ethnicity. And he's talking about deporting 12 million of them at once, the expense of which would cripple our country. That's how much he wants them gone. And then he thinks they'll say, "Thank you sir, let us build a wall for you that'll keep us out in case our animalistic instincts to cross into your country and rape your women once again get the better of us."

Just because he's a bully first and foremost doesn't mean an instance of bullying a specific ethnic group isn't racist.

11. Dick Whitman

They are here illegally. They broke the law to get here. They are living under cover, essentially. Many have falsified IDs and social security numbers. From a law-and-order point of view, it seems reasonable to conclude that the majority are not "good people."

12. Dick Whitman

"Little Marco."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.