1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why would 18-24 year olds give a shit about her formative years?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My bet is that he makes money on the campaign. THe only money making business he's been involved with as an owner this century (He was paid to be on Apprentice. He may have been a producer but he didn't own any of the show. No syndication on a reality game show)

His website sells hats and shirts and I bet he's got a deal with the manufacturer. He's not a stupid business man, it's just he has lousy judgement because of his inflated ego. He's failed more than he's succeeded as a business owner, but he's made a fortune licensing his name. He's a brand, like the Kardashians, not a business man like Warren Buffett.

Free media. He gets more coverage and air time for free than all the other candidates have received both free and paid.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yesterday, Mrs. Whitman showed me an email a parent sent one of her teaching colleagues (the names were redacted).

The parent asked about a math problem, and the teacher explained it, and how to do it. It seemed fairly complicated, but not overly so.

The mom answered: "This is why I'm voting for Donald Trump."

Postscript: The mom is a Macedonian immigrant.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He loves the poorly educated!

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or classmates who didn't like Romney came forward and contacted the reporters themselves, which leads to them deciding to do a story on his childhood and find the people who did like him.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And they love him. They're great friends.

7. Dick Whitman

How did he become famous in the first place?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Generals, best I can tell.

And then a doozy of a divorce that the tabloids ate up.

9. heyabbott

Macedonian? Are you afraid she'll bring her enthnci conflict from the Third Masedonian War here? Does she fight Thracians and Persians? What side was she on during the Pelopennisian Wars

10. Dick Whitman

The point is that she's an immigrant voting for Trump.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

OK. And?

What is it about elections that makes people think their random anecdotes about people they've met are interesting.

12. heyabbott

I don't think Trump is building a wall across the Balkan Pennisula. He's not anti-immigrant or anti-immigration. He loves immigrants, he hires them by the boatload. He's a throw back to the days when the Prostestants the Northeast were against bringing in the Eastern and Southern Europeans (and Irish) to America. They had no problem with the German, Prussian, British or Scandinavian immigrants. Just the dirty Greek, Italians and Jews (and Irish)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.