1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They will be working to keep Hillary out. Think about it in those terms.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

59-41? It wouldn't be a lot bigger. But it doesn't need to be a lot bigger.

3 points of women is about 1.7 points in the overall total. That's already the ball game.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

And it took a shift of 65,000 votes in Ohio to pull that one off electorally.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Fox News is going to be must-see TV for three months without a doubt.

I have to believe there are still great levels of delusion within the GOP. Otherwise they'd be hedging their bets to reality and not making such bold proclamations disavowing him, the kind of scenes they can't run away from if he's up against Hillary.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Having lived in Ohio for more than 31 years, it's just as weird as it appears from the outside. It's a live-action college football recruiting message board.

I'm leaving in August. I cannot wait.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

On Super Tuesday, Karl Rove was talking about how Rubio still had a chance to come back and win in Virginia because some county had not yet reported when he was interrupted for a bulletin that Virginia had been called for Trump.

Watch Fox News interrupt Karl Rove’s failed election prediction to announce Trump’s win

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe. I know a lot of Republicans, Alabama Republicans, who will either vote Hillary or stay home before they vote for Trump. There are so many different ways that he has had a chance to offend a potential voter that it's hard to list them all.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There will be a good number of conservative voters who will not support Trump, even against HRC.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The modern example of an unqualified landslide is Reagan-Mondale in 1984. Reagan got 59 percent, Mondale 41 (rounded). Reagan carried every state but Mondale's home state of Minnesota.

The country is so evenly split that Trump will get at least 45 percent just by showing up. So will Hillary. It's the 10 in the middle that'll decide the election. The point being, a raw-vote landslide is probably a thing of the past.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I tend to agree, Twirling, but there is the possibility of a landslide if a good number of one candidate's 45 percent fails/refuses to show up at the polls. Not saying that will happen this time, but it's the possibility Republican leaders are freaking out about. No-shows don't vote for the offices on the ballot, either.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nope. Just nope. This kind of lazy centrism is shitty analysis and it's just wrong.

There is no magical independent center that decides elections, and both sides most certainly do not have equal footing.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not saying it is at all, but what if the statement were also accurate? Would it be "on its face" racist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.