1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cruz tried to reframe it in the debate last week by saying 65 percent of voters don't want Trump -- to which Trump answered, it's 85 percent who don't want you!

They're obviously trying to ask a different question.

Songbird and YankeeFan like this.
  2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Little Marco embodies the GOP establishment. That he has been thoroughly rejected no matter how hard they try to prop him up is very telling.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

As things stand now, I don't get this feeling at all.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We wouldn't expect you to.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

LOL. Keep blowing your Trump doll.

6. YankeeFan

The guy in second place should realize that only the guy in third place has a shot to win:

7. YankeeFan

Trump isn't my first choice. Or even my second.

But, he's acceptable to me if he wins the nomination.

And I don't underestimate him or his appeal.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You guys who are optimistic about Trump are forgetting one big thing -- the entire nature of the campaign debate is going to change when its Dem vs. GOP.

Keep in mind, these guys are trying to find a way to rip Trump down while sharing many of his positions and wooing the same voters.

Cruz wants a wall. Rubio wants a wall. So they can't criticize the wall. Their tax cuts are as pro-rich and anti-everyone-else as Trump's are. And their appeals to scared white people are the basis of their own political existence, so they can't go too far and piss them off.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Maybe. But whoever came up with the idea to deal with disenfranchised voters by disenfranchising them further and completely should probably be fired.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The actual evidence, the favorability polling, shows that Trump has by far the least crossover appeal ever seen in a major presidential candidate. By a wide margin. Completely off the charts.

But some people on a message board just have a feeling we should be worried he will pull lots of democrats. They probably even know someone who is a democrat who will support him.

This is what makes it so fun when you guys are surprised you lose. It is Karl Rove on election night 2012 all over again.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

In what way will thy be disenfranchised?

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

How effective would Hillary be criticizing Trump for dishonesty, support for Middle East intervention, ties to Wall Street, etc., etc?

old_tony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.