1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And one of my favorite parts of these threads is when o_t posts anything referencing "the truth"

2. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Dems talk up Kasich because they know he's a huge pussy who'd get stomped in November and probably start crying.

It's just like the coach who beats his chief rival 20 times in a row, and gushes about how great the rival coach is in his post game presser.

Everyone prefers an opponent who's no credible threat.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer Trump or Cruz wins the nomination. Either one would get curb-stomped by Hillary. Kasich is a non-factor.

Rubio is bland enough that the GOP could nominate him puppet-style as they did W. That's the only thing that worries me.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is true for some, but what is the point of preferring a candidate who isn't a credible threat if said candidate has no chance to be the nominee? The reason I prefer Kasich is because he actually discusses his policies rather than acting like a petulant child.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think that's spurious at best. It's a humble brag, that has not proven accurate. How did a wonkish Senator not propose any wonkish pieces of legislation. How was she not delving into the details as a committee member. She's obviously smart, highly educated and informed, but all directed at her ambition.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Approaching $20 trillion in debt, millions of unemployed not being counted in the unemployment rate, foreign policy a mess, ISIS still on the rise, jobs continuing to go overseas, wages falling, schools failing, military being decimated ... gee, I can't understand why there's any anger out there.

7. old_tony

Has there been anything that "conventional wisdom" has gotten right so far in this election cycle?

8. old_tony

Twenty years ago they all read a The Nation article about how awful it is. That's all they need.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Conventional wisdom has been pretty well dead-on about Trump taking charge of the primary race. It's only desperate Republicans who don't see that.

10. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

So here's something I'm genuinely curious about: Why do the same people who insist that GOP establishment won't turn out for Trump also seem to assume that Sanders voters will turn out for Hillary?

There is an outsider vs. establishment dynamic happening in both parties.

Clinton is a fat cat insider and corporatist who exists solely to service her own ambitions. Why are liberal Sanders voters going to turn out in numbers for the establishment candidate who clearly doesn't share their values?

And if they don't, why are so many of you assuming Hillary wins in a walkover?

old_tony likes this.
  11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Let's not get carried away with Kasich, here. He suggested a large-scale armored invasion of Syria to deal with ISIS. He's a clueless as the rest of the morons he shared the stage with the other night.

cranberry likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If I am proven wrong, I will be the first person to show up here and admit it. But I do not believe the name-calling bullshit is going to fly with a general electorate. People watch those debates. A lot of them. Sixty-seven million people watched the first Romney-Obsma debate. Sixteen million watched the GOP debate the other night. If he starts in with the "OK, Little Marco" b.s. to her, he's fucking done. Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.