1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cruz should pull a Manning and go out on a high note.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's a proposition I hope the Republicans on the board will respond to. It occurs to this Democrat that at this point the GOP might be better off just letting Trump grab the nomination. If the theory behind a GOP victory is that intensity will drive more of their voters to the polls than Clinton can muster, it sure seems to me like Kasich is not the man on whom to test said theory.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

But Kasich has mass appeal. Democrats love him. I'm sure a bunch would vote for him in a general election.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Cruz fired up the local Tea Party crowd during his rally today in my neck of the woods. Only 1,600 could get into the fairgrounds building (by RSVP'ing), and at least that many were outside listening in the cold rain, our photographer tells me.

Because Tuesday's Idaho primary is very "closed" (you had to be signed up as a GOP'er well in advance), Cruz might do pretty well here (not that it means much in terms of delegates, though).

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It is time for Rubio and Kasich to drop out. Pains me to say it.

Let Cruz have a shot at Trump.

Although, neither Cruz nor Trump will win in November.

6. Michael_ Gee

exmedia, the problem is Rubio can't drop out, as doing so would pretty much cede Florida to Trump, and then it's lights out.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're a product of the anger business.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Cruz is worse than Trump. In some ways, far worse.

Hokie_pokie and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

It is a tribute to the slender reed of hope left to the anti-Trump coalition that winning in Kansas and (maybe) Maine caucuses by Cruz is considered a game changer in any way.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, the problem is Ted Cruz is loathed by anybody who actually has to work in government.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

BTW for partisans of all sides, the nytimes.com election site is excellent for showing where the votes have come in or haven't in each state.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

While acknowledging that anger is a for profit business, shouldn't we also acknowledge that voters have a right to be angry? No, more than that, are justified in their anger?

Even Hillary Clinton has acknowledged as much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.