1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ISIS is on the decline. Military is doing just fine, if over extended. Counting the unemployed this way made Reagan look good in 1986. Foreign policy is better now than under Powell and Rice. School's suck because of liberal policies and black kids who have shit home lives. The anger is from ignorant white folk that want a paycheck for menial labor.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I imagine a lot of them identify as independents, but independents have mostly been conservatives who vote Republican for awhile now.

3. RickStain

I think NotTrump can survive losing Florida if they deny him Ohio. But if he gets both, then it's awfully hard to keep him under 50%.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw a shirt the other day that said, "Walmart shoppers for Trump."

I don't know if that accurately or fairly describes his demographic. I do know I want one of those shirts.

5. RickStain

Tonight is just another bulletpoint in the data that Trump isn't as bulletproof in the primaries as the "winners win and he wins" narrative. He's underperformed his polling on a lot of election nights, and his support *has* gone down at times when attacks have landed or he does poorly in a debate.

He's still got the inside track on the nomination because he's going to win some key winner-take-all states while Cruz is winning proportional ones, but he isn't some magical pied piper who goes up no matter what.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I see all the things I listed are things of which you apparently approve.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A little over 18.000 people voted in the Maine Republican caucus. Maine's not a large state in population, but even so that would indicate that the enthusiasm meme is not universal. It may be that with fewer choices, fewer Republicans are turning out -- at least in Maine.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Cruz takes 12 delegates in Maine, Trump 9, Kasich 2,Ruibo 0.

9. RickStain

We're in the last days of the Rubio campaign. Unless the polls are missing wildly and he actually does win Florida, he's toast.

exmediahack likes this.
  10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Cruz has raised $104m
    Rubio $84.6m
    Kasich $24m

(numbers through Jan filings).

Rubio and Cruz have both spent over twice what Kasich has raised. Curious how Kasich would be doing if he had big-boy money.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Voters have a right to be angry even in the best of times. Misery is anyone's right.

I abhor the right wing media for embracing it at every turn. Evil lurks everywhere. Wickedness reigns. The manipulation is despicable.

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Look at what the anger business has done to your discourse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.