1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Naah, if he loses Florida, Rubio will have to quit to start looking for work. He gave up his Senate seat, remember. And frankly, if you were some evil trade association, would you want that stiff lobbying for you?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting how Trump can't win a state in which voters must stand publicly in support of their candidate.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

What is that supposed to mean? Condescending much?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How's Hillary done in caucus states?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

About as well as Trump, which is why the general election is going to have abysmal turnout. Nobody really likes HRC, either.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Line of the night:

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'm going to say this is going to become a Trump vs. Hillary Clinton election for president.

We haven't gotten to it yet, but is this country ready and willing for a woman to be president? I think I'd vote for one, but I'm just asking.

And, if there are others like me who are ready and would do so with no qualms over that factor, is it a shame that that very scenario may happen seemingly by default, just because the woman may be perceived as the lesser of two evils, rather than someone most think of as deserving and someone they actually would like to see become the first woman president of the U.S?

Or, no? Does Trump get some (many?) votes just because of a still-existing gender gap with regard to the position of U.S. president? (And he's the only other option, of course).

I ask all this believing/knowing that Clinton can, and will, debate Trump (and most anybody else, for that matter) into the ground when it comes to real issues.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't think you can say it's by default. She is by far the most experienced and knowledgeable woman who will come along in a long while, no matter what some here like to say. Her likeability and trust issues are a problem. Her gender is not.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well said. I've detailed my reasons for not liking Hillary and why I think she's an awful human being and would be a bad president. Gender is nowhere on the list, besides the fact that she tries to use it to manipulate people and then hide behind it when it suits her.
    I think people are willing to vote for a woman for president. They just want to vote for a woman they agree with politically and, in many cases, that's not Hillary.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't think she'd be a bad president, but she certainly has major flaws. I seem to be one of the few who might vote for her who doesn't defend her unconditionally on the email thing. Definitely bad judgment and continued her pattern of thinking she is above it all. But I don't see it as a disqualifier. Pending further revelations, of course. I don't trust any of these folks.

Batman likes this.
  11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm not a Democrat, but I'm liberal on most social issues. I'd vote for him over Clinton.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I would consider it, certainly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.