1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Her husband campaigned openly on the idea his wife would be his chief adviser in '92. So she was a legitimate partisan target from the start, unable to accrue any of the bipartisan goodwill usually given all First Ladies. The weird thing, which I believe I mentioned before, is that as Secretary of State her approval and favorability ratings went off the charts, stayed there before she announced she was running for President, and plummeted as soon as she did. I think she is simply identified as Big Democrat to many people.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He can't wait until the convention to run a third party campaign. 10 state deadlines would have passed and two would be a few days away with more on August 1.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Funny, liberals were saying the exact same thing about John McCain before he went batshit, went hard right and made Palin his VP.

4. Michael_ Gee

Just as Clinton will need to reconcile with Sanders' supporters, any Republican nominee who isn't Trump will have to reconcile with his supporters, which won't be easy. Trump doesn't do reconciliation as a rule.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're muttering. You're the old liberal in a college town who sits outside the alternative clothing store, insisting the world is rigged.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Rubio should get a big bounce if he wins Puerto Rico today.

LOL.

cranberry likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

One thing I've noticed. Two Republican candidates have made the most aggressive attacks on Trump, Jeb and Rubio. Each promptly went down in flames. No wonder he wants a one on one with Cruz.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What'd I tell you?

It starts today:

9. Michael_ Gee

There's nothing like carrying a jurisdiction with no vote in November to convince the party you're the electable candidate.

HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Nah. Joe The Plumber was humiliating. Sarah Palin was humiliating. The Tea Party groupies in tricorn hats, with gun-toting American eagle shirts, is humiliating. The birthers were humilitaing. A Fox News anchor suggesting Obama used a "terrorist fist jab" with his wife was humiliating.

Donald Trump is just desserts. The GOP earned this man and his candidacy. It will either learn a lesson or it won't, but it primed the pump for trump.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The saving grace for the GOP is once Trump goes down in flames, he's gone forever and the party — what's left of it — can dust itself off and gird for the next midterm.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.