1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's not political correctness, it's human rights.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Don't be coy Cran, I know you're paying attention:

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Then you should probably stop posting about the horrors of Muslim extremism and your disagreements with Islam, lest you be thought of as someone who doesn't support such rights. Every time you post about your disagreement with how Muslims treat women and gays, etc., etc., you show yourself to be a dangerous bigot.

old_tony likes this.
  4. TigerVols

Meanwhile, I take it you agree then with my original premise about Republicans?

5. YankeeFan

Neocons are the leaders of the #NeverTrump movement.

They vastly prefer Hillary over Trump.

Let's remember who neocons are. As the anti-Semitic left has long told us, they're JEWS, more loyal to Israel than the United States!!

Neocons were Democrats, who defected to the Republican party not because of social issues or tax policy, but because they favored a robust, interventionist foreign policy, that put a priority on the defense of Israel.

The left has accused them of hijacking American foreign policy, convincing born again Christians to send their sons off to die in the defense of Israel.

Trump is an unknown. Hillary has already fought for interventionist policies, and won the argument against a reluctant President.

Neocons know Hillary is one of them, and for any Dem to pretend this isn't true is kidding themselves.

Hokie_pokie and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I rarely agree with anything you say.

7. YankeeFan

Not rue on guns. Abortion is a 50/50 issue, and trending in the Republican direction. Marriage is decided. Labor unions make up 11% of the population, and public sector unions are not popular with those who aren't part of a labor family. The environment is a very low priority for most voters in comparison to other issues.

exmediahack and Hokie_pokie like this.
  8. TigerVols

Click the links, your facts don't jive with Gallup's polls.

9. YankeeFan

It's not that I don't recognize every flaw with Trump. It's that I don't see how Hillary is a better short or long term option for Republicans.

I don't think we have any real idea how Trump would govern. His bluster is designed to win the Presidency. He's a chameleon. If elected, he will play the role of President.

I know what we're getting with Hillary.

I hope that Trump could grow into the Presidency.

And, if he doesn't, I still expect him to do better that Hillary.

And, for Republicans to abandon the nominee of the party is a horrible precedent. If the establishment doesn't vote for Trump, then conservatives will never vote for an establishment candidate again.

Conservatives feel like they've been forced to eat shit sandwiches on a number of occasions -- Dole, McCain, Romney -- and now, the first time the establishment is offered the same, they don't want to eat.

Fuck them. Vote for the nominee, or the destruction of the party is on you.

And, any idea that a #NeverTrump movement will benefit Senate, Congressional, and other down ballot races, as opposed to rallying around the nominee, is absurd.

Hokie_pokie and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  10. YankeeFan

Really depends on how you ask the question.

Also depends on how people define the terms asked.

Many Americans consider themselves both pro life, and pro choice.

11. YankeeFan

Prior to 2016, the left mocked Republicans for turning over their foreign policy to neocons, and for their position on social issues.

In 2016, the left will vote for a neocon Democrat, who only came out in support of gay marriage during the current election cycle, over a non-interventionist Republican, who doesn't stress social issues, and who has praised Planned Parenthood.

Let's just admit it's about party loyalty for the left. Power derives from the party, and they won't abandon it for anything.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Stop being silly. Hillary supported the Iran nuclear deal. That neocons understand that she has always supported Israel and that Trump would be an absolute disaster and, in fact, has a shallow understanding of foreign policy, doesn't come close to making HRC a neocon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.