1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Like Obama has worked with Congress?

2. old_tony

At least they say they do. They know what would happen if they say otherwise.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Um, that's what's already been happening.

The Republicans keep naively thinking that the government funding goes towards abortions, when legally, it cannot.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Congress whose majority party leaders said their sole purpose was to make him a one-term president?

5. old_tony

Trump, a long-time Democrat, is being supported by a shitload of independents and former Democrats, too. What does that say?

6. old_tony

That post where you went 0 for 5? LOL

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Didn't you call him a joke earlier on this very thread? But he's running as a Republican, so he has your support no matter who he is or what he does.

His resume for this job is not that impressive, certainly not as impressive as Clinton's. You can certainly question the quality of her work, but she held more relevant positions. Also, by definition, it is not a fact that he would "mop the floor" with Clinton in a one-on-one debate. It is an opinion, one that has some evidence to support it, but it is not a fact. And smartest person in the field? What convinced you of that? His willingness to talk about the size of his penis?

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what a lot of people are thinking and hoping. And I think it could be true, too.

I believe that his very real, most damaging weaknesses will show up once he gets into policy/historical debates with Clinton, and that that is when people will realize that they have little realistic smart choice but to vote for Hillary -- that Trump really doesn't have the actual goods to be President.

But I think a lot of them will consider it a sad day when that happens, and they have to give in and make a choice that they don't really want.

Because, for all his outrageousness, I think Trump could be presidential, with time and learning, and if he is left to himself to be himself instead of being attacked both politically and personally at every turn in the desperate attempts to get rid of him.

Whatever the state of his taxes, he obviously has some business/financial acumen and ability to negotiate and make deals. He clearly has some command presence and charisma. Did everybody catch his after-party/press conference following Super Saturday? He positively ran that press conference, much to the consternation of journalists who should have been embarrassed at how easily, and well, he handled them, and frankly, put in his place that one guy who tried desperately to get Trump's positions on gay marriage and such. Wow. It looked/sounded how I would envision Trump running his boardroom -- clearly in charge, and almost immovable, but in a civil, business-like way. Ditto with his remarks about Rubio and his (correct) suggestion that it is time for him to drop out of the race.

It also hasn't been discussed much here, but by virtually all accounts I've seen or heard through interviews, his TV shows, etc., Trump has raised a good family. And, you know what? That probably counts for something, particularly given that it seems that nobody discusses him without saying h's nothing but a no-good, lying cheater who, you would think, wouldn't be able to do that with any real success. In that, it seems he has clearly done some important and meaningful things right. To me, that shows more potential.

Trump absolutely has shown himself to be a chameleon, and that doesn't always have to be a bad thing. Maybe it wouldn't be, for this country. You know, change is good, and all that, in a double entendre kind of way.

But I still don't think he'll get past his lack of political substance against Hillary, and therefore, we will be stuck with four more years of, essentially, Obama.

Yep, I am well and truly conflicted about for whom to vote in this election, and I know I'm not the only one.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Batman likes this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Some of them ran away and hid in bunkers for years.

You know, like Old Tony.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not what I wrote, tony, but you just had to go for the diversion because even you know I'm right.

Here is what you posted: Clearly you have no conservative friends, considering you hate everything about them. Get outside your bubble once in a while. It's a big, beautiful world once you get outside the gates. Or maybe getting outside the gates isn't up to you. I guess that's a real possibility.

Change conservative to liberal and direct that post to you and it is a perfect description of how you post on this board. You must know that, right?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.