1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Lots of maybes in there. Thats not good enough for me.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You shouldn't hold love of country against people.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What I don't think the #NeverTrump folks realize -- or maybe they don't care -- is that if they abandon the nominee, they'll never be able to put the party back together:

The truculent, often crude, language he’s using to articulate his ideas is so outside the norm that top Republican thinkers in Washington have started floating the idea of a new party. They include Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol who, in December, took to social media to ask this question: “Crowd-sourcing: Name of the new party we’ll have to start if Trump wins the GOP nomination? Suggestions welcome.”

If the party were to disintegrate, the Chamber of Commerce Republicans who want minimal regulation and immigration reform could go one direction, while the religious wing that focuses on abortion and sexuality would go another.

For some, Donald Trump’s golden brand has lost shine - The Boston Globe

Even if you want to make a "we'll be better off if we lose" argument, it still makes the most sense to go down fighting for the nominee.

Anything else means having to rebuild a broken party, with no guaranty that it will happen.

And, once one wing of the party has chosen to abandon the nominee, other factions are sure to do the same in future elections.

4. old_tony

Why do you suppose he didn't post polling on those issues?

5. old_tony

Then how did she manage to be a huge fuck-up with all that "keen understanding"?

6. old_tony

Why? I have a shitload of liberal friends, many where we enjoy debating politics and others where we don't. Once again, you're wrong about everything.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

If you "debate" politics the way you do here, I find this very hard to believe.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's okay, tony. We all know you never admit to anything even when you are clearly busted.

The point of your initial post was to claim someone else can't see through the hate to clearly understand conservatives. That was laughable because the same is absolutely true of you and liberals.

9. old_tony

Most of my liberal friends are a lot smarter than the liberals here. ;)

I Should Coco and BDC99 like this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO

11. old_tony

It's kind of funny, considering you've never "busted" anyone here and you think you've "busted" everyone here.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured some of y'all would get a laugh out of that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.