1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I did. I told them I knew about this anonymous message board poster who told lousy jokes. They said they couldn't help me.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The rise of ISIS is due to the fuckup in Iraq by the previous administration.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That sounds great --- on the surface.

But much of it is because insurance simply became mandatory. There are still tons of healthy people who would CHOOSE NOT TO have insurance and roll the dice because the premiums and deductibles are too fucking high. They don't consider themselves blessed to have insurance. They consider themselves forced to.

Batman likes this.
  4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Premiums for those in their 20s are too high? Deductibles wouldn't matter, anyway, if they're healthy.

We have some great policy analysis going on here based on anecdotes that don't hold water.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary can't connect with #BlackLivesMatter activists:

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We need to eliminate criticism of teacher's unions:

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I love that the president is credited with lower gas prices.
    He supported tougher fuel economy standards.
    He didn't do squat to lower gas prices.

SpeedTchr and old_tony like this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes. These are exactly the people whose healthcare was being paid by taxpayers when in fact they did in fact get sick or injured. They can pay the fine if they don't like it. I have no sympathy for them.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, there are people who didn't have insurance and just paid their bill. Like I did for my wife last year. Nobody paid anything for us, nor did I ask anyone to.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    old_tony likes this.
  10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Listening to the Democratic debate going on now. It's amazing how good these candidates are at responding without actually answering the questions they are asked.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Republicans won the past two Presidential elections? Who knew?
    Where you getting this "most" thing? Obama won in 08 and 12 and all signs point to the Democrats beating the Carnival Barker in November. So what "most" is seeing things as you do? I mean, I know what "most" but I'm curious about your answer.
    Actually, I'm not. Never mind. You're as predictable as they come. As I noted a million pages ago, Obama could cure cancer and aids and you'd find something wrong with the way he did it.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And BTE, the reason you can go without insurance now is if you do get seriously ill, you can sign up right away. No insurance would take you in the previous system. So in effect you are carrying insurance, as is everyone, you just aren't paying for it.

SnarkShark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.