1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Have you seen Hillary's hands? She's hung like Seattle Slew

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It was over before it started and she got 20 million plus child support. Damn right it was great sex

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The first 20 minutes of the debate was really good, as they focused on Flint's water crisis. Anderson Cooper let them go back and forth pretty much without much interruption.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love the poorly educated!

LongTimeListener likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He has Scott Walker's vote for sure.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In Merrillville, Indiana, two Catholic schools—both part of the Gary, Indiana Diocese—Bishop Noll and Andrean faced off. The Bishop Noll team is majority Latino and had to face a large Donald Trump head being held up in the Andrean student section. Andrean students also, according to numerous reports, chanted, “Build a Wall!” and “Speak English!”

My best high school friend's dad has been an assistant at Bishop Noll for about 15 years. (It's also my mom's alma mater.) The team is not majority Latino. It is usually a mix of black and white players. The school itself has a significant Latino population (and white and black) because North Hammond and the Southeast Side of Chicago have significant Latino populations.

Andrean's student section has long been known for pushing the envelope. I wasn't there, but I suspect it was meant good-naturedly - it's a pretty friendly rivalry. Andrean has always had a lot of Hispanic students, as well, including some of its athletes. That doesn't make what they did right. But I don't think it was supposed to be hostile. Just dumb kids not knowing where to stop.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Never let the facts get in the way of a good Narrative.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The practical facts are that this is not a criminal investigation, it is a security review, and that the way Clinton and her staff handled the documents was in line with practices from previous secretaries of state. There's not going to be any indictment, no matter how badly some wish it.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I can't stress enough that "the shooter's motive isn't clear."

The pastor — who despite being shot six times from behind with a .45, is expected to pull through — is well known for reaching out to drug addicts, ex-cons, the homeless, etc. His church is well-known for its "street ministry" and rightfully admired for its efforts.

So it's quite possible the shooter, who remains at large, knew the pastor and the shooting has nothing to do with the Cruz appearance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.