1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

In fairness, I hear undecided has a huge dick, which seems to be a swing issue this election.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I do feel for the guy -- he passed on sure Senate re-election to take this run, and he doesn't want to tuck his tail before he even has a chance to win his home state.

But someone's going to have to tell him his sugar daddy can't buy him everything, including his home state in this primary.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No, I think you've mistaken him for Uncut.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

Ace likes this.
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

'71, foul year of the Lord. Year I was born too.

8. cranberry

No Bloomberg.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/08/us/politics/michael-bloomberg-not-running-for-president.html

Had both Mr. Trump and Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont appeared headed toward victory in the Republican and Democratic presidential primaries, Mr. Bloomberg was determined to run, according to his advisers, several of whom insisted on anonymity to speak candidly about confidential discussions.

But Mr. Bloomberg balked at the prospect of a race against Mr. Trump andHillary Clinton, who has established a dominant lead over Mr. Sanders on the Democratic side. In his column, Mr. Bloomberg said he could not in good conscience enter a race that could lead to a deadlock in the Electoral College — and to the election of Mr. Trump, or perhaps Senator Ted Cruz of Texas.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Congress would elect Trump?

10. cranberry

The 12th Amendment to the Constitution says that in the event that no candidate receives a majority of votes in the Electoral College (a majority is currently 270 electoral votes), the U.S. House of Representatives selects the President, and the U.S. Senate selects the Vice President.

11. LongTimeListener

This thing could go all the way to the Supreme Court -- and finish 4-4.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Thanks for the textbook answer, but we're looking for critical thinking skills on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.