1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Funny how wrong you can be in two routinely (for you) stupid sentences.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The trial is for the purpose of putting someone in prison. The cost is borne for society's purpose of putting criminals away, which is decidedly NOT a right, but an agreement of the governed for the safety of the law-abiding majority.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wonder how well all of the candidates would deal with the frustrations of being President. I think most campaign as if they will be granted a magic wand and be able to make all of their promises happen. It never works that way. The good presidents are able to adjust, the bad ones just keep slamming their heads against the wall. I think Bernie, Trump, and Cruz fall into the latter category. At best, Trump would be able to spin a failure as exactly what he wanted.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

So writes the guy who doesn't understand election results. Tell us why a guy who hates public schools so much is there so often.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Right to a speedy trial, that's the Sixth Amendment, right?

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Huh. I would have thought that the purpose of a trial was to decide the truth. Of course, due process applies to things besides criminal proceedings, but that's way above your pay grade to know.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what I've been thinking throughout this campaign. I've wondered whether and when the candidates will realize this.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Much as MY justice system might prefer it, the justice system in the U.S. does not exist to convict and punish criminals; it exists to arrive at a verdict that upholds justice.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

See, this is the one area where I think Trump would excel, and the one thing that wold give me hope his presidency wouldn't be the disaster everyone fears.
    Of the four remaining, he seems the most capable of negotiating and coming to some kind of agreement. Like a business deal. Give some to get some.

Cruz and Sanders are too much of ideologues to budge very far. Clinton would look at it as an insult that people weren't in lockstep with her.
    Trump views everything as a negotiation and seems like he'd be more flexible on both his principles (or whatever he has that passes for them) and his policies.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Now Bloomberg did it too. Again, I'm not a fan of Cruz, but to lump him in with trump is partisan small-mindedness and irresponsible.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Cruz would be a bad president in very different ways.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Trump wouldn't even grasp what he was negotiating for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.