1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Specifically who?

I've seen people say it, too. There are 350 million people in America. Some of them are fucking idiots.

You attributed it to the cloud liberal mind, though. It's not a mainstream opinion.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chances of a contested Republican convention range from 1 in 1 million to nil. Chances we'll hear about one for months remain excellent, because all political reporters dearly want SOMETHING interesting to happen in what have become the two dullest weeks of any election year.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Map is not favorable for Cruz.

People that are looking at this closely think Trump will be within 10 votes either way of the number required to win on a first ballot.

I guess what I don't know is who the actual delegates will be. Who are they, and how committed are they to the candidate they were elected to represent?

I also need to look at the procedures. Does the candidate who came in last in the second vote get kicked off the ballot for the third vote?

I guess I'm just not so sure how easy it will be to keep Trump from the nomination if he's extremely close.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

99.9% of the time, you'd be right. People love to speculate about it, but it never happens.

This year, the chances are fairly good. We'll know a lot more within a week.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Did you ever place that bet on Kasich?

6. Dick Whitman

$50, yes.

7. Dick Whitman

Poll this morning had Rubio only trailing in Florida 38-30. Time will tell if it's an outlier or not. They are bombarding Trump right now with negative ads.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I must disagree YF. The Republican establishment hasn't exactly lit up this campaign with political savvy, but those guys have to know just how calamitous it would be to create the perception they are screwing Trump out of a nomination he's earned. At this point, it's like what LBJ said about J. Edgar Hoover, better to have Trump inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hokie_throw_Hillary_in_the_pokie.

10. cranberry

I hope having that $50 (and potential windfall) on the line won't kill your objectivity.

Ace likes this.
  11. cranberry

I think it will be pretty close.

12. Dick Whitman

I have some on Cruz, as well. We've talked about it here. I think I got him at +330 for the nomination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.