1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Kasich is down to +800 for the nomination. I got him at +3300 a few days ago.

Cruz is +250 now.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

As long as we have full disclosure, I think I can still trust your judgement.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Kasich would be a fine President. If you promised me today a President Kasich, I'd be all over it.

But, the idea that Kasich wouldn't be portrayed as a hard line right winger in a general election is absurd.

The Globe hasn't spoken to 300 of Kasich's classmates yet.

The guy who was House budget committee chairman in the 1980's is not going to be treated kindly.

And, all of the Dems who say they'd actually consider voting for Kasich would vote for Hillary.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

But I think there are people who would consider voting for Kasich over Bernie Sanders, particularly in the Rust Belt.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, Trump as President would be worse than Nixon's 3rd term

6. Dick Whitman

Besides, that's neither here nor there.

I'm talking about his chances of winning the nomination. The other day they were +3300. They are down to +800. I was right. He was undervalued. Vegas is dispassionate about this, like I am.

7. YankeeFan

If you promised me a Kasich-Sanders matchup today, I'd be all over that too.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

In the "polls are weird" category, this poll, done March 4-6 shows a much bigger lead: Exclusive Florida Decides Poll: Trump, Clinton lead Florida's presidential primaries

I'm not sure I trust it. It surveyed roughly twice as many people as the Monmouth poll. But...don't know anything about the track record of the survey firm. So I'm taking it with large grains of salt.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  9. Dick Whitman

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As a libertarian democrat who voted for John Anderson, Mondale, Dukakis, CLinton (twice), Gore, Kerry and Obama (twice), I would very seriously consider Kasich over Hillary.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Lots of times you can get great odds on a losing horse. But maybe you can whip Kasich to the finish line.

12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.