1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We will refer you all once again to the iron law of head to head polling before two candidates are actually selected. The lesser-known candidate always has an advantage, as people naturally tend to project what they're looking for in a candidate onto a person of whom they know little. This is why Sanders does better than Clinton in such polls, a meaningless stat as all but his most intense supporters know.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure you would.

And, 99% of the folks like you would consider him, and then vote for her.

And, most would use his position on abortion, or somethings else that hasn't really been delved into yet, because of his low standing in the polls, to justify their vote for Hillary.

amraeder likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

School choice and charter schools is where he'd run into a brick wall with many.

Mrs. Whitman and I were discussing abortion this morning.

She said that she used to be adamantly pro-choice, but now she has wavered a bit. I asked why she was previously firmly pro-choice.

She said, "Because that's just what I always believed."

I said, "And because you get to agree with people you like and disagree with people you don't like."

She didn't like that theory.

4. YankeeFan

You're mean.

But, it fits my theory perfectly. And, it's quite normal for women to change their view after marriage and childbirth.

It also helps explain why so many women consider themselves both pro-life and pro-choice.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He's also anti-union and anti-gay marriage. Fun fact: Richard Hodges, the defendant in Obergefell v. Hodges, was a Kasich appointee.

6. YankeeFan

All of this.

His record is mostly unexplored. Once it is, his numbers would go down in a general election.

7. Dick Whitman

They're all anti-gay marriage. It's a moot point.

8. Dick Whitman

Mrs. Whitman enjoys my Socratic questioning about as much as people here do.

Bangin' little body, though.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

It is interesting to consider what a professionally run Trump campaign would have looke like.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't think a President has that much control over abortion law aside from judicial appointments.

And I'm willing to swallow that issue and othersfor this reason: the Republicans in Congress refused to work with Bill Clinton for 6 of his 8 years and refused to work with Obama for 8 years. It was personal, it was unprofessional it wasn't even politics as we used to know it, it was just hateful. HIllary Clinton does not have the temperament to work with a hostile Congress and the people that she surrounds herself with have less ability than she does. She will spend 4 years trying to get on Mt Rushmore and not doing the job. Kasich may not pass for a moderate Republican, he was a Gingrich Crew member, but he's at least pragmatic in a way Governors have to be, and that means he'll govern. COngress will have no choice but to govern as well or the Democrats will win one House of Congress in 2018

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not for Democrats who would consider crossing over because he comes off as such a normal guy compared to the other nutcases.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She's pro-choice, my man. Ain't wavering nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.