1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YF, Trump created a new character -- Lyin' Ted. To go with Little Marco.

Learn it, know it, love it.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He used "Lyin' Ted" at the debate.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Sanders wins, or even if he doesn't, what has happened calls ALL polls in all other states into question, giving his troops a huge morale boost as well as allowing the media to go into the "Hillary doomed" narrative they love so much. It's a big, big win for him even if he loses by a little.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He puts his Bible down, and starts lying.

I call him Lyin' Ted!

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

It looks like Michigan voters were a lot whiter than they expected.

That's not good. Hillary can't win without a large minority vote. And, let's face it, the African-American vote has been with Hillary out of inertia, not out of passion. They know her. Bernie was an unknown, and they never got to know him.

But, if they're not coming out for her in the primary, who's to say they'll come out in the general? Hillary is not going to put up Obama like numbers with minority voters in the general election. And, the more you hear her talk, the more yo think Trump could hit 70% with white men.

7. YankeeFan

He shot someone in Idaho, and was arrested in Washington, D.C.??

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

538 said it would be the biggest polling miss since 1984. They keep insisting there's still a ton of Detroit votes coming, but it feels like they are getting more nervous the longer they wait for that to happen.

Delegate-wise, Sanders had another bad day. But this would definitely buy him enough narrative to stop the snickering at his path to victory for awhile, even if it still isn't hugely clear.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Not with that kind of repetition.

But maybe he got good initial response and decided to hammer it. Feels like it's going big.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yes, a little more than 48 hours after shooting someone here. This story's taken several weird turns today.

11. YankeeFan

The miss was in the voter model. African-Americans didn't show up.

In 2012, Republicans were convinced the polls were "skewed" because of well they did in the 2010 midterms. But, good pollsters insisted that the 2012 electorate would be very different than the 2010 electorate. It would look much more like the 2008 Presidential year electorate, and they were right.

Now, Republicans won big in 2014, but again, 2016, being a Presidential year, the electorate will be different.

But, will it match the 2008 and 2012 electorates? Maybe not. If Pookie doesn't get off the couch for Hillary, she's in deep shit.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trying to project general-election trends from primary results is just completely, utterly futile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.