1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Did you shop around for that answer?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This is a fascinating election in my mind....

On one side the party's chosen one is a little dweeb who gets made fun of by pretty much everyone and the leader of the pack is a wacko with a populist message and the guy in second is probably even more of a wacko and wasn't even born in this country......

On the other side, the party's chosen one is the most robotic, thoughtless, cookie-cutter candidate without any ideas that aren't handed to her on a teleprompter and she often butchers them but she is winning because she is up against a 95-year old relic who for some reason resonates with the youngest voters.....

Crazy times.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Free Stuff!™

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nation demands the truth: "Donald, put your dick where your mouth is."

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

A new speech mannerism that is particularly hilarious.

When Hillary Clinton now speaks at her rallies and makes a point, she slowly nods like a professional wrestler when given the mic inside the ring after a match.

The handler that told her this is a good look... oof.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Two Michigan footnotes. The percentage of voters under 30 was roughly the same as those over 65 in the Democratic primary, which doesn't happen often if ever, and is why Sanders won.
    2. The majority Arab American community of Dearborn went almost 2-1 for Sanders.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Muslims on Twitter did not want the Dearborn vote to be a big story.

The view was that if we saw it as a huge shock, it just reinforced the idea that Muslims being open minded enough to vote for a Jew was an incredibly rare thing.

And to call it rare reinforced stereotypes that Muslims are anti-Semitic.

8. Michael_ Gee

I don't know if it's rare or not, since Michigan is the only place with a concentrated Arab American population, but I thought it was a cool anomaly, just like old folks not voting and young folks doing so.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What I'm more interested in is why the polls were all so off.

10. Michael_ Gee

The only things I can think of are that many respondents who were deemed likely voters by polls didn't vote and Sanders did way better with African American voters than he had before so the polls fell into the small sample size error for that bloc.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2008: Clinton can't win over minority voters.

2016: Clinton can't win over white voters.

All voters need is a credible option, and they will reject Clinton.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's like sports. Sometimes your team that wins it all wasn't the best you've fielded, but the competition was weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.