1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF, she's still a very strong favorite. There are four states almost as big or bigger than Michigan voting next Tuesday, Fla., NC, Ill. and Ohio. Sanders has to win three of four to really cut into Clinton's delegate lead, which as noted last night, is now larger than it was on Monday. Michigan was a win that kept Sanders alive, a huge upset and good for him. But it's like the NCAA tournament. Now he has to go out and be Cinderella again and again. Sometimes that happens, just not often.
    PS: That Larry Sabato tweet made me laugh. It was as if he said blocking and tackling will determine who wins the next Super Bowl. Dislike/fear of the opposing candidate has won many, many, many elections. People were less than jazzed about Richard Nixon the two times he won. Neither Bush nor Gore stirred much passion in their followers. Nor did Bush's daddy and Dukakis. The last presidential election where a significant majority had positive views of BOTH candidates was Eisenhower-Stevenson in 1952.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

I can't believe you're citing any poll after last night. They're for entertainment purposes only at this point.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's silly. They missed on one state.

(And I knew this was coming from you today.)
    I have been saying for weeks that Trump is practically inevitable. And it's not due to the vibrations I'm feeling.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And don't forget: Trump is a Nazi who fucks his daughter.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Bottom right corner:

[​IMG]

Double Down, HanSenSE and HC like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

I am about 2/3 of the way through Trump's campaign polemic, "Crippled America."

The idea that he's just going to tell everyone in his way to "fuck off" - Mexico, Iran, Congress - is way overblown. He tends to ramble, as he does on stage, but his guiding philosophy, if one can be distilled, appears to be this: America has more leverage in negotiations - whether it's trade or a nuclear Iran, to cite two examples - than it seems to be willing to use in a negotiation setting. He frequently concedes that negotiations and compromise are inevitable. And he acknowledges that in many areas, he will enthusiastically seek the counsel of experts.

The notion that he plans a dictatorial administration is laughable. He's simply a businessman who values a strong starting position in negotiations.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sanders has to beat her by 10 points just to stay even in the delegate count. Nice "election," Dems.

9. old_tony

No.

10. Dick Whitman

Again: The superdelegates would switch to Sanders, if the voters made him their choice.

11. Michael_ Gee

It had nothing to do with superdelegates. Clinton won Mississippi 83-16. Sanders won Michigan 50-48. Michigan is bigger than Mississippi, but not by that much. so Clinton won more delegates on the night. I think in this case Tony is seeing math as a liberal plot.

12. old_tony

She won in a state with about 220,000 voters in the Dem primary, he won in a state with nearly 1.2 million voters in the dem primary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.