1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sounds like Obama in 2008, and we all remember the pasting that McCain gave him in the general.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He'll certainly try.

And, early voting shouldn't be underestimated. They will try to get people to go straight from Church to the polls. Early voting totals will be important to look at.

3. Dick Whitman

What credit am I not giving Trump? I have long said I think he's going to win the Republican nomination. I've been mocked for it. I've stood up for him in the last two hours, arguing that he's not "scary," and that if someone would spend the time reading his own words instead of Left Wing Twitter, they would know that, too.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see the polls taken after last night to see how pollsters adjust their voting screens to account for Sanders' strength with independents in Michigan. Monmouth pollster said that was how they got it so wrong.

5. YankeeFan

This election is so different on so many levels.

Bush was incredibly unpopular in 2008. Almost any Dem would have beaten any Republican.

Then you had the financial crisis, which helped Obama, and thanks to McCain's uneven response to it, hurt him.

Then you had Palin.

Then you had an incredibly likable, inspirational, African-American candidate, who drove record Dem turnout.

And, McCain never spoke to the blue collar issues Trump is speaking to.

I'm still not predicting a Trump win, but Clinton-Trump will not be a replay on Obama-McCain.

Even the historic nature of Hillary's potential first woman president has been muted. No one seems to care. Feminists have come out to bash the idea that their vagina drives their vote.

6. YankeeFan

I'll give you that.

But, they're both ahead in the polls because of name recognition. That's all I was hoping for you to concede.

7. Dick Whitman

I don't think that it accounts for 100 percent of his support. I don't think it accounts for 100 percent of her support. I think that it accounts for a significant percentage of each of their support. She's famous because she was First Lady, a United States Senator, and Secretary of State. He's famous because he's famous.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is going to sink his campaign.

9. Dick Whitman

It's interesting that he's relented on the Ted Cruz-is-from-Canada line of attack recently.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

Only because he prefers his "Lyin' Ted" line of attack.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who let that colored fella in there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.