1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The best news for Hillary yesterday? Trump drawing something like 20 percent of Republican women's vote in Michigan.

How can he make it over the hump with support among women that low?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So many Republicans really are afraid of their own shadows.

The idea that Republicans should be ashamed to vote for Trump, in a general election, against Hillary, astounds me.

But, do the Amtrak Corridor Republican, this is an issue. They really are afraid of being seen as supporting Trump.

But, no Democrat is ever asked to justify their support for someone as dishonest as Hillary Clinton.

And, it does remind me of how Republicans are always forced to justify their positions on an issue like abortion, and Dems never are.

As we've seen here, these issues aren't that easy for Dems. Many acknowledge that a fetus is a human life, but they are still pro-choice. But that's never asked about at a Democratic Party debate.

Being pro-choice, or voting Democratic, are seen as noble things. There is no need to justify such behavior.

But, a pro-life position, or a vote for Trump must be defended. They're unthinkable positions to many.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah. I'm pretty much socially liberal but conservative on defense and fiscal matters. I split the baby on stuff like gun control. Stuff me in a box if it makes you feel better. I'm a middle aged Southern boy, son of an Army Infantry officer. I've walked many a Civil War battlefield, and I'm not big on political correctness... not as deliberately offensive as some, and not nearly as sensitive as others.

Trump is a self aggrandizing narcissist, and I still cannot believe that he has gotten this far in a bid for the Presidency. He's a buffoon. Silvio Berlusconi American style.

I would add that living in Alabama has done nothing whatsoever to endear the Republican party to me.

4. YankeeFan

At least you're comfortable with where you are politically and socially, unlike Alma, who's constantly embarrassed by his fellow Christians.

I've never seen a guy who is Christian and pro-life, feel such a greater connection to pro-choice atheists.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you ever dig up the quotes in right-wing magazines and books from all those old classmates that hated Hillary?

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

In my book, this is way overblown, although, admittedly, my opinion on this might change in a heartbeat. This is why you have a staff full of economists and people who've been dealing with governments around the world. Provided you have advisers who are willing to be more than yes men all the time, able to stand up and give the president the very best options to deal with the subject at hand, there's no reason to think we're about to go over the cliff.

7. Neutral Corner

Sure it matters. I just reject the "who would you have a beer with" trope. Trump might be a hoot, or he might want to high hat me because he could buy all my assets out of petty change. I've met both sorts of well off people. Hillary might be enjoyable to talk to - she's bright and knows more than I do about any number of things. That said, she's always come off as a cold fish to me. I am by no means a Hillary supporter in any other way than as she looks better to me than the others do. Cruz is a dick, and far too extreme in his social views for me. Trump is well, Trump. Dick measuring is not a Presidential attribute. Having the stones to back down Putin, yeah, that is... but Trump's been slobbing his knob already. Kasich, Rubio are dead ends. Bernie, I like his willingness to address openly some of the biggest problems in this society, but I don't think he can get elected and if he does I don't think he can get his programs through Congress.

SFIND likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

No. Apparently everyone who's ever met her has loved her.

Or, they're afraid to say a negative thing about her.

9. Neutral Corner

Yeah, I bought that when George W. was elected. I knew about him, lived in Texas. I thought he was a really bad choice, but that was offset by surrounding himself with old Washington hands.

How well did that work out?

10. YankeeFan

If he wins, this would be the most fascinating thing to watch.

I think Trump would use the bully pulpit of the Presidency like no one before him.

He'd take his case directly to the American people. He'd call out members of Congress by name who opposed him (or at least threaten to).

I'm not so sure folks are going to want to vote against him, or his supporters if he's elected President.

11. YankeeFan

Don't worry about this in a Trump Presidency.

The neocons are all with Hillary.

12. Neutral Corner

Yeah, the way to go is to elect the most effective bully President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.