1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nah. He doesn't live up to my standards. :p

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

For all the griping about superdelegates on the Dem side, I can guarantee in 2020 the Republicans will have them. As a safeguard against another Trump.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Holy fuck. Little Marco couldn't even get the hardcore Cuban expatriate community to come out? That's embarrassing.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rubio was a scouting combine candidate. His "measurables" looked great until he got out on the trail and everyone saw he couldn't play at the top level. There have been plenty of candidates like that from both parties. Ed Muskie, George Romney, Phil Gramm, John Glenn, etc.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's got as much of a chance to win Florida and Ohio as anyone else, according to your recent logic. You should place some bets on him.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, one of the highest paid state employees just endorsed the sitting governor for President.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

It would not shock me today to hear that Marco Rubio had dropped out of the race. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have some expectation of that kind of bombshell before Florida. Not that it has given me any confidence in its efforts so far, but the situation is getting grave, and I think there is some desperation now to stop him at any cost.

11. Dick Whitman

This post is from Feb. 22.

Cruz is at +800 now, and +250 for the nomination.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, Jeb! met with Little Marco yesterday and he's meeting with Cruz and Kasich today, so anything is possible! My guess is he's trying to find someone who will accept his endorsement/kiss of death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.