1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Very odd situation for conservative media outlets. Hillary has been She-Hitler for over two decades and when they can finally go toe-to-toe with her, her GOP opponent is going to be a guy they've been trying to oust from Day 1. They can destroy Hillary all they like because the consumers of Fox News, The Washington Times, etc. already believe she's the devil and it will prime the engine of the post-election smear campaign should she win the seat. I think what we might see is tepid support of Trump in an effort to revitalize the perceived bona fides of Cruz, Rubio and the rest of the establishment toadies. They probably win more in the end with a Hillary presidency anyway. Trump will be gone and readership/viewership will continue to climb with four more years of outrage, skanduls, and a new Worst Presidency Ever.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That 'object' has a beating heart. Semantics don't absolve you from your callous regard for life. Nothing is more arrogant than someone who puts politics above human decency lecturing someone about their beliefs.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If you don't support universal puppy dogs and rainbows, shut up about abortion!

'Yab, you're confused. The saying is, If you wait to have kids until you can afford them, you'll never have kids. Not, If you can't afford kids, just kill 'em so it's not your problem.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. If you want to get into my uterus be prepared to get into what comes out of it.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Use your own definition.

It's only illustrative if it's based on your definition.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Some posters should stick to bad soccer analysis.

9. YankeeFan

He wins by not losing.

I fell asleep, so I missed it. But, not being well versed in all the issues hasn't hurt him yet.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know that you can definitively say that. Maybe he'd be at 60 percent, not 35, if he had his positions plus a grasp of the issues. It's costing him with some people, obviously, and he's very, very vulnerable because of it, if anyone ever chooses to seriously challenge him on it. They pulled every punch last night. It was like they were being compassionate. It was like watching the Bernie "Flat Tax" kid as the front-runner for the presidency.

11. YankeeFan

Yeah, but I also think he knows that his lack of specificity helps him. It allows people to convince themselves that Trump shares their views.

Obama's campaign was no different.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, my God. Enough.

YankeeFan and LongTimeListener like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.