1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Have police said they advised canceling the rally? So far we only have Trump's band of liars saying that.

Just as likely he saw that it was going to be a protest and cut because of the bad optics.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The GOPe is already horrified by the dirty masses that support Trump.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Mr. Sunshine

Band of liars? You're normally better than that. I assume you're not cool with presidential rallies being canceled.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I just think this is Trump holding a rally in Chicago to stir shit up in Obama's political hometown to make a point.

Especially this weekend. It's unseasonably warm and I expect Chicagoans to take the over on 8.5 shooting victims between now and Sunday at midnight.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  7. exmediahack

The optics right now for Trump are great. Chicago with protests and some violence while Trump talks about finding a solution.

This is a move straight out of Congressman Underwood. Stir shit up for a political purpose.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Look at the story about the Breitbart reporter, plus at least a half-dozen other stories on the campaign trail. The people running Trump's operation are proven liars.

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The best solution would be Trump wrapping his mouth around a pistol.

11. Mr. Sunshine

That stuff is certainly bad, but the political climate was bad enough before this election cycle that if we get to the point that we start cancelling presidential rallies, then no one has the moral high ground.

On a related note, Trump is being interviewed right now, and, like him or not, he knows how to use the media.

12. exmediahack

Trump's campaign is made up of assholes. Worst I've ever dealt with having covered multiple presidential campaign years.

Yet Fields doesn't exactly have a sterling rep, either.

franticscribe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.