1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The rally was probably announced a week or so ago.

Obviously, with social media, it's pretty easy to get the word out quickly in order to organize a protest.

I follow the occupy Chicago folks on twitter, so I saw them jump on it:

Chicago Rising (@ChicagoRising) | Twitter

2. YankeeFan

Yeah, just heard that on MSNBC.

Trump is going to go ballistic.

The entire response to Trump's campaign at first was to get a pledge from him to support the eventual nominee, and not run as an independent.

This was after his comments about Mexicans, and after he made clear that issues like immigration were going to be the focus of his campaign.

If Trump was so objectionable, the time to tell him to fuck off was then. Instead, they played pat-a-cake with him, afraid of pissing him off.

You're not taking the high road if you only object to him when it's clear that he is winning.

You all wanted his support. You all wanted him in the fold.

Well, you got what you wanted.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Exactly. Republicans now sleeping in the bed they made.

Lugnuts, exmediahack and Dick Whitman like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You're 100 percent correct, but the "no honor among thieves" adage comes to mind here.

"Pledges" aren't worth the air they're broadcast over these days. It's the people trying to play by the "rules," like Rubio and Jeb!, who look like the schmucks in this cycle.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I love how the Angry Old White Men(tm) of SJ are moaning about "protestors" when, in fact, isn't every Trump supporter by definition a protester?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And a friendly reminder that every single "you" in this finely written comment above refers to Republicans.

8. YankeeFan

I don't give a shit about the protestors. Good for them.

I think the Trump campaign likely anticipated this when they planned the rally.

Now, if Republicans (or Tea Party members or Trump supporters) had shut down one of grandma's rallies (does she do rallies), people would freak the fuck out.

old_tony and exmediahack like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How often does she encourage supporters to punch people in the face or send them out on a stretcher?

HanSenSE, Lugnuts and SnarkShark like this.
  10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm with Yankee Fan here.

Planning a rally at UIC - Chicago's West Side - on a Friday night when it's starting to get warm outside.

The Trump campaign got exactly what it wanted out of this. Attention. Chaos. Perfectly played.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

This thread is sorely missing commentary regarding the War of Northern Aggression.

Iron_chet likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

100%

Either Trump was unacceptable from day one, or he wasn't.

REPUBLICANS thought he was a joke, and would flame out, so they didn't declare him unacceptable. They didn't want to piss off whatever percentage of voters that would be receptive to his message. (Which they obviously didn't think was large enough to win the nomination, but must have figured it was large enough that they didn't want to piss them off.)

So, to now act like you just discovered his message, and decided it was unacceptable, is disingenuous at best.

The guy is obviously not some movement conservative. He's a liberal, who has seized on a couple of hot button issues like immigration and trade, to catapult himself to the lead in the campaign.

But they didn't say that at the beginning.

So, I'm not going to cry for Marco Rubio now that he's decided Trump isn't the ideal Republican nominee.

I Should Coco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.