1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When I saw the video, I had many questions. Illinois-Chicago has an arena with an upper deck? How often do they fill it?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Khunt. Nice.

Let's remember this post the next time someone says liberals don't advocate violence. Let's also see if any liberals criticize this post.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I have another question: Why would a college host a political rally for any candidate of any party? Sure, there's the rent money, but isn't there also exposure to bad PR and legal liability in addition to the insinuation of political bias etc?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Oh for Christ's sake. If you pay attention to Starman's posts, it's your own fault. I'm not playing hall monitor for him any more than I expect you to reign in Old Tony's relentless stupidity.

It's an issue for the site owner and the moderators to address.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Lol. Not me. Though I seriously doubt Starman would actually cave in her skull, I can understand why he might want to.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It's also prestige for many smaller campuses to have presidential candidates, something for their websites and for their positive local PR coverage.

The difference is that Sanders and Clinton have visited about every D3 college gym in Iowa and New Hampshire. Most Republicans don't because of protest concerns and Trump doesn't do any small venues.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Please. I've read 20 posts on this thread from people saying how funny and harmless he is.

Iron_chet likes this.
  8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

A portion of them likely have some varying degree of mental illness, and I say that without hyperbole.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Starman isn't running for president.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ain't a real summit without Cyrus. Can you dig it?

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Interesting. I did not know liberals added mentally ill to the knee-jerk descriptors of people with whom they disagree.

old_tony likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is that the same back shelf where Trump and his fans keep the video of protesters at previous rallies starting violence - as Trump claims?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.