1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ball bat to the skull.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Liberals aren't violent.

4. Mr. Sunshine

You need to go.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Never a good idea, of regardless how it's explained. The Internet doesn't forget.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've worked in TV and for newspapers in the last decade and I'm floored by how the TV people (even those over 50) are adapting to digital and so few from the paper would seem adapt at all with a few younger exceptions.

The larger point is that our society is like this. Next time you go shopping, look around.

How many people actually look like they have the discipline to make a positive change in their lives? I'm guessing very few.

Change and adapting are hard. I try to do it but I fail on some of it yet I've been able to transition enough on the big things and make positive shifts.

Most don't, whether they're physically unable or just too stubborn or lacking in discipline. They want the world to be what is was when they graduated high school 37 years ago.

Yet as technology has moved on and the recession left the mark, they're further in the hole. On top of this, many of them want a smaller government as they're more reliant on it for entitlements when they're older.

A vicious cycle and one where there is no easy solution.

It'll only get worse because of our soft society where our young people are shielded from adversity by helicopter parents. In twenty years, they'll be pussies.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Trump has had an actual job and he never was the ringleader of an incident in which a woman faked a rape so that he could profit from the resulting claims of racism and the urban unrest he purposely set out to cause.

We can start there.

justgladtobehere and old_tony like this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What lies you tell. Trump and his campaign team cancelled the event on their own. It's in a shitload of news reports.

Donald Trump cancels UIC rally amid security concerns

FoxNews.com - Breaking News | Latest News | Current News
    nt-to-see-anyone-hurt.html

Donald Trump cancels Chicago rally after protesters, supporters clash

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/12/u...ago-canceled-after-violent-scuffles.html?_r=0

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You see what happens when you try to introduce nuance to an discussion?

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Kind of similar to how everyone hates Congress but thinks the Congressman they vote for is good.

Smallpotatoes and exmediahack like this.
  11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Only about a third of Americans know their member of Congress.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The larger point, however, is that everybody says they hate Congress and demand change, but the incumbency return rate in the House is almost always over 90 percent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.