1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Are you worried you won't be as happy and content if Trump is elected?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Poor imitation of Starman. But I did enjoy you getting all pissy in a post about how only idiots would be pissed about what's going on in the country right now.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll be taken care of. Along with a few dozen million others.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They're pissed you can't walk into the factory the day after high school and nab a well-paying job making widgets for the next 50 years. That's what it comes down to. The racism is a byproduct, not the thing itself. And if a Manhattan billionaire seems like an odd messenger, it actually makes some sense. See, if this guy recognizes it, a long-time part of the American business machine, it must be true. Trump's standing in their eyes legitimizes his message and, it follows, their anger.

And, indeed, his policy understanding is shameful. Worse than Sarah Palin.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Just a bunch of unsuccessful dummies.

6. Dick Whitman

Tell me what I said that you specifically disagree with.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They're certainly and objectively dummies.

8. Dick Whitman

I really wish my dad was around this election cycle, because he was definitely part of Trump's target audience. He was a working-class guy. A machinist by trade who was frequently out of work, and finally lost his job permanently when I was in high school. Often worked second, seasonal jobs during the holidays to make sure something was under the tree. Trump's trade message would have resonated with him, I believe. I do think that he would have ultimately seen through him as an unqualified shyster, though. My dad was no dummy. He didn't finish college. He started. My grandfather threw him out of the house for it - physically assaulted him in the process. You didn't go to college in my grandfather's family. You worked. And that was, for many, truly the financially sounder decision in the Rust Belt, or so it seemed.

I feel for Trump's voters. I feel for them deeply. I was raised by one of these guys. I know the frustration.

That said: If you watched the debate the other night, if you see him try to answer questions from interviewers - and I do give him credit for putting himself out there, unlike the front-runner for the other party - and you're still planning to vote for him? Then, yes, you're kind of a dummy. If he doesn't care enough to brush upon on basic policy matters, then he doesn't care enough to be your president. Simple as that.

Batman likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

• If you didn't have money on Ted Cruz this would mean more.

SnarkShark and Dick Whitman like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Kasich now, too.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This should help with white, working class voters:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.