1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is it unfair to apply the same standards to Hillary?

Should we only bash Trump on this thread?

Hillary is a terrible candidate. She's horrible when she's unscripted.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think you should understand why Trump is the lightning rod for discussion here right now. He's an insurgent candidate who may or may not seal the Republican nomination tomorrow night, with two huge winner-take-all states on the line. It's a much more intriguing story than Hillary vs. Bernie. In 2008, it was the Democrats sucking all the oxygen out of the room. This time it's the Republican race.

3. YankeeFan

Another disingenuous answer from Hillary in the last 48 hours:

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But the funny thing is it was not a question "about coal miners." The actual question didn't mention coal at all, just as nobody ever asked her about Reagan's AIDS record. She just went out of her way to drop those bombs on herself without any provocation.

Why she does this to herself is beyond me. All those years with Bill, yet she never picked up the skills and instincts that made him so good in front of a crowd.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

It's like a race against the clock for Hillary.

Someone still want to argue that the Clinton/Trump general election polls mean anything right now?

7. Songbird

8. Songbird

9. YankeeFan

I do get a kick out of Hillaty supporters who refer to Trump as a fascist:

10. YankeeFan

This is great too.

For some on the left, it's the political equivalent of Chris Christie hugging President Obama.

And, I'll bet some of those who are most upset mocked the folks who were upset with Chritie for his hug.

11. YankeeFan

The media, which until now has told us how w much they wish the Republicans would nominate someone as awesome as John Kasich, who they could support, is now letting out some criticism of him, just as he gains traction.

If he were ever to get the nomination, they'd destroy him.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I read this story last night. It seemed pretty fair and interesting to me. Is there some evidence that Thomas Kaplan was touting Kasich's unblemished awesomeness before this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.