1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If any group should be sympathetic to someone never showing up for work, it should be sportswriters.

HanSenSE and old_tony like this.
  2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio doesn't know shit, despite what YF might be trying to sell. That's why people didn't vote for Rubio.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Make no mistake, Rubio doesn't know what he's doing.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm not going to slam her for having a light moment at a funeral. I've had plenty of those, where you see people you haven't seen in a long time or get to talking to someone and forget there's a body in the room and before you know it you're sharing stories.
    Like Chris Rock said, funerals are great. Everybody's together, there's all that food. Only the dead body keeps fucking it up.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And you would describe such people as smart, discerning voters?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sometimes there is clearly a "right" and "wrong," not just a "difference of opinion."

This is one of those times.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think he would. He's purely explaining why, politically, Trump is being deft by maintaining the level of understanding of issues facing the country as my first-grader.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just found the picture elsewhere and I feel like a total dumbass. Did not look like him at all with the receding hairline.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Even with the body in the room, I'd be pretty surprised if there was a whole lot of sullen mourning and people throwing themselves on the casket at the funeral of a 94-year-old woman who lived an incredibly full and satisfying life.

But maybe that's just because the funerals I'm familiar with involve Irish who think every day past 70 is a bonus.

12. Mr. Sunshine

No right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.