1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Rubio knows plenty and has proved as much in the debates. Think of him as an ignoramus if it pleases you but he didn't earn a law degree, win multiple Florida House elections (and eventually the Speakership) and a US Senate election because he's lucky. He hasn't won vs. Cruz because the Tea Party wing has figured out he's not really Tea Party and hasn't won vs. Trump because he's "establishment" and doesn't want to build a wall or block all Muslims from entering the country.

Creosote is half right that he doesn't know what he's doing in his campaign. He's been a successful campaigner to a point but a lack of a ground game hurt him before, and after attacking Trump, he's essentially been buried.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The typical funeral is pretty somber. It's the wake that takes on more of a wedding reception feel.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio hasn't proved a damn thing in the debates, sorry, except that he doesn't have any ideas.

He is Norman Braman's stooge. That's the only reason he has won all those Florida races.

cranberry likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Something curious. Palin has cancelled an appearance in Florida for Trump. The last line was that Palin wishes Trump well in the upcoming primaries.

I wonder if this means Trump finally told her to get lost, "you have nothing to offer me".

5. Mr. Sunshine

Rubio was basically handed the ball in relief and told to win the game. He promptly gave up 10 runs without recording an out. Combine a regrettable performance in the spotlight with the fact that he's on the wrong side of the one issue he really knows, and Rubio was doomed.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

If you weren't going to willingly -- almost gleefully -- be forfeiting your right and privilege to vote, this would mean more.

It's all easy to say, especially about others, when you're not having to make any decision.

I was always impressed with Martin O'Malley (someone you previously mentioned) when I heard him. And, among the current rest, I prefer Kasich and think he has performed much better than the voting results give him credit for. But what good does any of that do when they have no chance?

Seriously, what are the viable options? The only ones are Trump or Hillary. I'm not sure anybody is all that happy to vote for either of them anymore. The ones leaning toward Trump and just rolling the dice for something different, or just going with the party that might get more done with the current Congress. That's really all there is to it anymore.

For all the debating, back-and-forth and angst that's going on right now, I really think an awful lot of people are just going to go into their voters' boxes and, practically on a whim, just pick a president, based on nothing more than who strikes them at the time. Scary, I know. But that's what I think is going to happen. Because there are no good choices.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Do you prefer white bread with the crust cut off? :)

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

He didn't even meet Braman until after he'd been elected twice in Florida.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Little Marco is just unlucky. His platform consists of all the things that Republicans all of a sudden realized that only rich Republicans (aka GOP Establishment) give a fuck about -- cutting social security and Medicare, regressive taxation and a neocon foreign policy.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

After nearly a year of this campaign, that's your understanding of Trump's appeal? His supporters are absolutely excited to vote for him. Far more than McCain's or Romney's before him.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was handed the ball in relief after the team was already down 10-0, then his catcher Ted Cruz fed the signs to opposing batters.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Rubio's political future is toast unless he can win the governor's race in 2018 or 2022.

SFIND likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.