1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She was referring to getting rid of Gaddhafi.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's your decision to make. I've been the first person to say that sports writers shouldn't bet on the sport they cover. Most people disagree with me about that. The reason I'm not voting is because I don't want to be ideological or partisan. But, yes, I'm placing the occasional wager when I like a candidate's odds at that moment. I have some money on Cruz, as well.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Game changing endorsement for Hillary. Big Mike's mom is for her:

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, the full disclosure is appreciated. We'll have to factor this information into your so far spot-on primary analysis.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd probably be more impressed with an endorsement from Jersey Mike's mom, but that's just me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    SFIND likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

But, she couldn't win the coveted endorsement of Tamir Rice's mom:

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Cast my vote for Kasich about an hour ago. Ran into a good friend of mine a few minutes later who's a real-life ex-hippy and pretty liberal. I would have bet money he would have been a Bernie supporter, but was shocked to find out he went Republican for the first time in his life to vote for Kasich. Said he's fine with either Clinton or Bernie in November and wants to see Trump get his ass kicked in Ohio.

8. YankeeFan

Hey @Dick Whitman, Trump really does read all the papers:

The next morning, before dawn and after about four hours’ sleep, Mr. Trump would meet him at the arched entrance of his private quarters to accept a bundle of newspapers including The New York Times, The Daily News, The New York Post and the Palm Beach papers. Mr. Trump would emerge hours later, in khakis, a white golf shirt and baseball cap. If the cap was white, the staff noticed, the boss was in a good mood. If it was red, it was best to stay away.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump wants his steaks to be burned!?! Damn it, I'll protest that SOB now.

Brian likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me where our military is broken? What needs fixing? Seems to me it's the greatest fighting force -- certainly, the most well-funded -- in human history.

Not sure why Trump gets a pass on always shitting on this great country of ours.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or Dick's endorsement.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He thinks it should be bigger, and he thinks our allies should pay for it to be bigger.

We have about 1.3 million people in the Armed Forces. During the '80s, we had about 2.1 million, each year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.