1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There's quite a few laws in play here, 150 agents on it, and they can't whitewash it. The question I ask - when is the time to announce findings? Before the convention? Before the general election? Before the inauguration? After inauguration?
    None of those four are good, but it seems to me, the sooner, the better, so the DNC can react.
    As far as the FBI, they have jobs to do. Yes, they are over a barrel, but HRH HRC put them there.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I hope so. But considering how screwed up GOP leadership has been from the start dealing with Trump, I have little faith in their pulling it off.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We might consider the following. Maybe there's nothing there. Maybe questionable judgment is not a violation of federal law. Maybe the FBI is dragging this out to avoid getting ripped by the other side.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Maybe it actually is a security review like they've said and not secretly an investigation to indict Clinton.

5. Vombatus

They've given Pagliano immunity. There's plenty there. I think they are doing due diligence and trying to do the job completely. They couldn't announce anything until ALL the emails were processed and released, because they sure as hell would have gotten ripped if they announced anything before all the emails were out.
    I figure they will announce in May.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And yet, Hillary said she wanted Pagliano to cooperate and welcomed it.

Now why would she say that if he had damaging evidence against her?

7. Vombatus

Baron, you ever heard of spin? That's what you are trying to do now, and HRH HRC is a master of it.

old_tony likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Baron is confused by rhetorical questions.

old_tony likes this.
  9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Mother Simpson: (singing) How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
    Homer: 7!
    Lisa: No, Dad, it's a rhetorical question.
    Homer: Rhetorical, eh?..... 8!
    Lisa: Dad, do you even know what rhetorical means?
    Homer: Do I know what rhetorical means?

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

(In other news, 538 thinks Trump likely to hold on in Missouri, though emphasize not a sure thing yet.)

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Baron would make a GREAT Simpsons character. But he might conflict with Ralph Wiggum.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Because she knows he knows that Hillary has a hit squad who will Vince Foster him if he talks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.