1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The GOP primary will almost certainly go to the very end June 7. California will probably decide if Trump gets a majority or we have a brokered convention.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

CNN just said Trump needs a little more than half (54 percent give or take) of the remaining delegates to be allocated after tonight to clinch. Seems hard with Kasich still in the game for Cruz to send this to a convention.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Oh, it's a busy, busy place, that Coeur d'Alene FBI bureau office. I believe it's located in Richard Butler's old house ... :)

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Now I place blame at Rubio for staying in past "only win Minnesota" on March 1.

He's as much the reason Trump will be the nominee now as the methheads and mullets who are backing Trump.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is he, though? He's been so inconsequential in so many states. Single digits. You're blaming the third-string kicker for a team's loss.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Once it was clear he had no path, he should have gotten out. Same for Kasich / he won a home game. Boo freakin who.

Should have let Cruz go heads up. You can't go into a convention to rip the nomination from the guy with the most delegates. That's more of a guarantee of losing than even nominating Trump.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When should have this happened? Certainly not before Super Tuesday. Did anyone suggest at that point he didn't have a path?

Since then:

Maine: Little Marco 8, Trump won by 13
    Kansas: Little Marco 16, Trump won by 25
    Kentucky: Little Marco 16, Trump won by 4
    Louisiana: Little Marco 11, Trump won by 4
    Puerto Rico: Little Marco 71, won
    Hawaii: Little Marco 13, Trump won by 10
    Idaho: Little Marco 15, Trump won by 17
    Michigan: Little Marco 9, Trump won by 12
    Mississippi: Little Marco 5, Trump won by 11

In Florida last night, if you give all of Little Marco's votes to Cruz, Trump still wins 45-42.

By my count, at most, Little Marco handed Trump Kentucky, Louisiana, and maybe Hawaii, before last night. When the catcalls actually began for him to get out, he became a non-factor.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I don't know how Rubio's exit changes the math. I'm guessing the moderates that supported him break for Kasich and the rest go to Cruz. Maybe a few land in the Trump camp.

Assuming it's 50-50, the benefit for either Cruz or Kasich can't be much more than single digits. And it won't peel away any Trump Chumps. The Trump vote is finite, but so is the anti-Trump vote.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Who?

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The GOP's grasping is becoming more embarrassing by the minute.

There is no non-disastrous way to deny Trump the nomination. Deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.