1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I understand that, but they weren't candidates that people got angry about. People weren't choosing "the lesser of two evils." They were perfectly acceptable candidates, at least until McCain dishonored himself with his VP pick.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cruz ain't the greater good.

SFIND likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ivory towers.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

It's not a bad move if he thinks he will get the nod as Trump's VP. That vanishes if he participates in 90 minutes of annihilating the guy hand-in-hand with Cruz.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He's said he wouldn't. (I know that could change.)

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Obama was a candidate who inspired many people, and compared to this year's crop of candidates, was certainly qualified to be president. But the centerpiece of his campaign, the reform of a horrible health care system, pleased almost no one.

The single-payer system Sanders (and, in the 1990s, the Clintons!) championed is what many on the left wanted. Politically it just wasn't feasible, especially by 2009.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think McCain was a better than mediocre candidate under the circumstances. There was no way any Republican was coming close that year.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

YF and Sunshine--

You both have great points that really seem to tap into what's going on within the GOP.

The two of you and my dad would get along great.

But here's a big point where we disagree:

You both seem to think that the splintering going on within the GOP is somehow equivalent to what's happening in the Democratic Party....

You two seem to have made the point that Trump is to you as Bernie is to us.

Sorry, guys.

Us Hillary supporters love Bernie and think he's made her a better candidate. We like his ideas.

It's just varying degrees of liberal, which is situation normal for any election.

We're happy. We're good.

Y'all a hot mess.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're a liberal woman.

I'm not sure your opinion is the same as working class, white men, who feel like immigration and trade have hurt their earning potential.

White guys in unions aren't Democrats because of abortion, or social programs.

If Dems are going to become just another party that takes it's marching orders from Wall St., there's no reason for them to be Dems.

old_tony likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If you think more "white guys" of any stripe are what the GOP needs to attract to win in November, God bless you.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So are you saying that Trump's voters aren't really Republicans or that you don't think he is capable of campaign rhetoric that results in very ugly incidents?

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Bernie Sanders is a nut. Period. His ideas are nonsensical. "Free everything, for everyone, for life! The billionaires will pay!"
    Bullshit.

old_tony and TigerVols like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.