1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They'd also reveal that although he's really rich, he's not as massively rich as he wants you to think. So he won't release them.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I suspect that is exactly the case.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I have no idea. Why do you ask?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

His tax returns go to his legitimacy as a business man. How much does he make? I am certain that after his bankruptcies none of his residences are owned by anything other than trusts or limited liability partnerships. I'm sure he is personally not very liquid or worth 1/10th what he says. If you add up all the assets he's involved with, yes it's billions, but he' s not an owner, he's public face. The Trump Resort in Hawaii is a very expensive asset, worth a ton of money. Is he anything besides a licesee with a percentage for royalties. Without ownership or decision making? Every penny he spends is a business deduction, as maintaining Donald Trump is the business of Trump

My guess is his major portion of income is derived (was) from his game show and distributions from partnerships.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Don't have time to look up the numbers. Everyone who speaks highly of Sweden's educational system and free college also ignore the fact that a good portion of students are moved into the vocational track during secondary school. Sweden isn't handing out university admissions places to those with bad grades, and can't read or write at a high school level.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem fair.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

True. If you have a 2.1 GPA in Sweden, you're going to be a tradesman.

In America, you'll be Little Marco.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

How bad do you have to do to become a journalist?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Little Marco" is absolutely the best nickname in political history. Spouted spontaneously during a presidential debate by the front-runner. So awesome.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

A little better than communication students.

Ace likes this.
  11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Based on what I've read, completion of a vocational track qualifies you for admission into a university. So it doesn't slough you off to the side.

Also, a higher percentage of Swedes ages 25-34 have a college degree than the same cohort in the US.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So blondes have less fun?

amraeder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.