1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tell you what. When we start getting flooded with illegal immigrants from Ireland, Italy, Australia and New Zealand, we'll make a stink about sending them back as well, OK?

old_tony likes this.
  2. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

No sense attempting to reason with the unreasonable.

old_tony likes this.
  3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We have term limits. Elections. If someone is truly awful as an incumbent, they'll get taken out.

My "GOP establishment" isn't everything that is wrong with this country. It starts with bad parenting today and goes with the entitlement of the Baby Boomers who, heaven forbid, if they ever give any entitlement back. Then it goes to how we fund the schools. We have too many schools that have to feed breakfast to millions of poor children but we, as a nation, constantly bitch about our property taxes.

Now we have people under 30 who have never seen a true prosperous economy so they're checking out and doing the minimum because they see no reason to do anything more.

4. Hokie_pokie

Your naïveté is precious.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And don't get me started on those Canadians. Amirite?

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Part of living in a free society is allowing for the possibility that other people think differently than you and their voice -- and vote -- counts just as much as yours.

An awful lot of people who are self-proclaimed champions of individual freedom are talking these days about fixing elections and disenfranchising tens of millions of people, whether through term limits, or brokered conventions, or whatever else you'll think of next to circumvent the will of the "American people."

bigpern23 and exmediahack like this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As much as I don't like Trump and think that a Trump presidency will be a dumpster fire, if he wins the most delegates going into Cleveland, he should be the nominee.

I won't vote for him but I also recognize fixing the convention for someone who doesn't have the most delegates is simply not fair.

Batman likes this.
  8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

You two aren't very bright.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. The irony would be that fixing the convention would only strengthen the thinking that led to Trump in the first place.

Batman likes this.
  10. Hokie_pokie

A term limit doesn't disenfranchise anyone -- it serves as a check on the power of any one individual and creates opportunities for others to have a role in the operation of our government.

If it's good enough for the president, it should be good enough for Congress.

11. Hokie_pokie

That one cut deep. I am now sad.

old_tony likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Do you not think the president should be term-limited?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.