1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Diplomacy!

old_tony likes this.
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Starman's ears just perked up!

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I guess the converse is even fewer people wanted any of the other people (wanted Rubio, wanted Cruz, wanted Jeb, instead of Not Trump).

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So if no candidate can claim The Will of the People, then you have to have a mechanism in place for the party to nominate anyway. Like a convention or something.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Most Mormons who will attend the Utah caucuses will likely vote for Cruz, so I don't think they're that progressive. Sad that Cruz and not Romney will fulfill the "white horse" prophecy.

6. amraeder

I mean I'm not clutching pearls about it either way. But going with whoever has the plurality seems like a perfectly cromulent solution.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Compared to China Russia Saudi Arabia Iran Iraq Afganistan Yemen Nigeria Chad Sierra Leone ... Cuba is Denmark

cranberry likes this.
  8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You just wanted to say cromulent.

cranberry and amraeder like this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's certainly a possible, reasonable solution. But there are others. Conventions, instant runoffs. With Presidents we send it to the legislative branch.

10. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

There's also the obvious problem of defining "good" in terms of a presidential evaluation.

Given the GOP's dysfunction and his ability to mobilize young and minority voters, I firmly believe Obama could keep winning elections for as long as he'd like.

Does that mean he's been a good president? Not necessarily.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It is funny we discuss the will of the people regarding an election where the people do not have a constitutional right to participate in.

12. amraeder

Ranked ballots! (#notkidding)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.