1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This one will surely doom Trump... I mean Hillary.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe they should have just gone to Cancun for Spring Break:

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, the thing that is totally going to end Clinton is no longer a indictment, it's the details of her work as secretary of state that will cause people to be outraged and reject her en masse?

It did feel like it had been awhile since the latest thing that was absolutely going to destroy her political career for sure this time.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Our Man Drumpf, to the Washington Post:

"With the Muslim thing I think it’s a serious problem. I’ve had Muslims call
    and tell me you’re right with the Muslim thing, I think it’s a serious problem."

:rolleyes:

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

With Cruz et al addressing AIPAC today, I'm wondering something. Is the evangelical crowd's support for Israel disingenuous? Or is it real?
    As I understand it, this support is rooted in the Biblical text that says the restoration of the Temple Mount to Jewish control is a precursor for the Second Coming. If this is the deal, the Cruz camp's support for Israel would appear to be a backhanded and disingenuous power play -- hastening the return of Jesus and the resulting choice of conversion vs. condemnation -- rather than earnest support of another religion and another country.
    But I don't claim to know this is, in fact, the mindset. Curious what others know.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just watched him with Blitzer.

He's mesmerizing.

People are mesmerized by him.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump or Cruz?

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Like most, I would watch a Trump debate or press conference for the theater of it all... what ridiculous things he'd say, who he'd insult, etc. It was a joke, a gag. Same way most people, especially the Republican Party, thought of him. Until it was way too late.

But now the sound of his voice is annoying bordering on maddening.

I know his hard-core supporters will keep lapping it up. But there's got to be a Trump fatigue point for everyone else, right? Cable news helped create this monster by putting him on all day, every day. All for ratings, of course. As they keep doing it, will sane people just stop watching?

Everything he says nonsense with no substance to back it up.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, whatever. Don't want to make you uncomfortable, but I certainly appreciate what you and all of your brothers and sisters do for us.

As for water in the atmosphere, I would generally guess that the amount of water is fairly constant, although what form it's in changes constantly.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.